Wednesday, July 22, 2009

10 months and counting

We are officially 10 months out from our wedding day. Time really is flying by fast, I thought having a 15 month engagement would feel like forever but it really will be here before we know it. I still can't believe summer is half over. I can't help but feel like I've wasted a lot of it by spending my weekends moving and getting settled in and doing wedding stuff...though I shouldn't consider any of that stuff a waste of time. Besides next summer, after the wedding is over we can spend our weekends BBQing, going to concerts and taking trips to the beach.

Anyway seeing how we are at the 10 month mark I figured I should make a list of what has been accomplished and what still needs to be done in the next few months:

Done-
-Booked the ceremony/reception venue
-Booked the caterer
-Booked the photographers and have a tentative date for the engagement photos
-Ordered my dress
-Bought my shoes
-Ordered my mom's dress
-Put together a tentative guest list

To do in the next few months-
-Gather addresses for all our guests
-Order and send out Save the Dates
-Go shopping for bridesmaid/jr. bridesmaid dresses
-Email the officiant and setup our premarital counseling sessions
-Get pricing from some florists and DJ's.

Thank God for the long engagement if I had to cram all this planning into 6 months I would have lost my mind!

4 comments:

kage said...

That's great that you're so organized! My friends thought I was crazy for getting the ball rolling so early (15 months prior) but I think it takes the edge off wedding planning, and if you have the time, why not!

princessapr said...

That's still a lot. You'll have some time to relax before ramping up again. I think we were engaged for 22 months, but we chose an all-inclusive place that did food, reception and even the cake so it didn't take much manpower on my part. I just told people what to do and it got done. That said, I don't know how people do all that planning in such a short time, and I know people who did. They all temporarily lost their minds!

10 months is going to fly by though!

Alicia said...

wow look at you all super organized!!! if i ever plan a vow renewal i'm hitting you up for advice!!

RCaitlin said...

Seriously! How amazingly organized are you? I will def be coming to you for wedding advice if I have to!