Wednesday, September 11, 2013

SWW

Linking up again this week with Shannon for SO What Wednesday!
 
This week I'm saying So What If:
 
 
-I let my son watch videos on the iPad while I get dressed in the mornings. It's pretty much the only way to keep him still and calm so I can get dressed.
 
-I was thrilled when Kristian decided to stay home and watch the Redskins game Monday night rather than go hunting after work. I always prefer him to be home as opposed to hunting.
 
-I wish I could look at the budgets of some of these stay at home moms who blog/IG that are always buying new clothes for themselve and their kids or home decor or Starbucks everyday. How do they do all that on one income? Kristian and I both work and make good money and we still can't afford some of the stuff I see some of these women buying all the time.
 
-I was planning to do something really small for Hunter's birthday this year but after finding so many great ideas on Pinterest (aka the Devil) for a school bus themed party I now want to go all out again. Hopefully Kristian can reel me in from the madness.
 
-I wish I had a crystal ball and could see into the future to know if we will definitely have another child and if that child will be a boy because I have SO many of Hunters old clothes that I'm keeping just in case and I would LOVE to get rid of them so long as I knew I wouldn't need them again.
 
-I'm in the worst mood thanks to a certain visitor that is due this week. Seriously, I'm going back and forth between wanting to punch the wall and wanting to burst into tears. I should probably warn my husband to keep his distance for a few days.


6 comments:

Erin said...

I have totes and totes and totes of kids/baby clothes that my boys have outgrown but I kept holding onto 'just in case'. And now we are expecting baby #3. Don't know if it's a boy or girl, tho, so who knows if those clothes will be used or not. :)

Thanks for linking up today!

www.homemadehappenings-erin.blogspot.com

Venassa said...

I could've written some of this post myself! I am so jealous of the stay-at-home mom's who seem to have it all. I can't afford to stay home, let alone stay home, have nice clothes, and drink Starbucks. I can barely drink Starbucks while working full-time.
I'm probably going to go overboard on Chloe's Dora the Explorer party later this month. I just hope that my 'party planning' won't run out of steam by the time she's older and actually wants a big detailed party.
Also, I keep a lot of Chloe's clothes too. Usually just my favorite items, especially if they were bought brand new. Since I buy so much used, I sell a lot of it, knowing I can buy clothes for cheap later if I have another girl. But I definitely keep the favorites for now.

Amanda said...

I'm amazed by those mothers too! I do treat myself to starbucks once a week but that's all I can afford! I'm having my first baby in January and there's no way I could afford to be a stay at home mom, and I also love my career so it's a sacrifice I'm willing to make :)

I keep forgetting that hunting season is coming, thankfully my husband is to ADD to sit in a tree stand. My brother on the other hand cannot get enough and I feel bad for his wife!

HickChickBritt said...

YES! What do their husbands do for a living? They really can't all be Doctors or lawyers can they? haha but seriously I tell Chris all the time if it doesn't work out between us, I am going to marry for money! haha

Kathy@MoreCoffeeLessTalky said...

thankfully the red demon just left me. hope you feel better soon!

-kathy
Vodka and Soda

docksidelove said...

When you find out how these people make all their money - let me know!!

I live in one of those expensive cities in the world - and there is no way on this planet I could stay home AND afford any of the luxuries in life.