Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Labor Day Sans Pictures

We didn't do anything crazy or exciting for Labor Day weekend, the only reason I really even want to write about it is so I can remember the few things we did do since I think I took maybe two pictures the whole weekend.
-Friday-- got out of work early and we took a family walk, including the dog and the cat (who is tied to a leash and stays in the bottom of the stroller), to the park to try to wear Hunter out in the hopes he would sleep late Saturday morning. It didn't work.
-Saturday -- quick trip to Walmart for some odds and ends, followed by a trip to the pool, 2 1/2 hour nap (for Hunter, not us), then over to my in-laws house for dinner and football watching. Unfortunately for my husband VA Tech was crushed by Alabama. Fortunately for me ECU won their game. And I think Hunter wore his grandma out from having to chase him all over the house and yard.
-Sunday -- family trip up to MD to have lunch with my mom. Hunter ate a shocking amount of food but was pretty well behaved in the restaurant.
-Monday -- Kristian ditched us to go hunting with his dad and uncle, so Hunter and I went to the grocery store together, and then to the park after naptime. We played with his water table and pretty much every toy in his toy box. I was reminded how exhausting SAHM's have it during the day but I loved getting the extra time with my dude.
And now it's Tuesday and I'm hoping this 4 day work week goes by quickly.
Also, head on over to Kristen's blog and congratulate her on her very exciting and surprising news. Sorry I had to be so vague in my SWW post last week, THIS was the happy news that caused me not to be able to concentrate all day at work after finding out. So happy it's now out in the open!


Nat said...

Sounds like you all had a fun labor day weekend!

Heather said...

Sounds like a good weekend! I wonder how my cats would do tied to a leash. I've definitely seen people do it.

Venassa said...

We didn't do much over the weekend at all - bad weather. We did, however, make a Wal-Mart trip for odds and ends like you did :p
I don't know about you, but even though this is a 4 day work week, it seems to be going very slow.