Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Back to reality

Yesterday was my first day back at work after a week and a half. You never know what potential shitstorm you might walk into after you've been on vacation but fortunately there didn't seem to be too many issues that occurred while I was away. Now it's just a matter of playing catch up while my brain is still laying on the beach in St. Lucia.

When I left for work yesterday our condo was a disaster area, there were wedding presents scattered everywhere, leftover booze from the wedding, decor from the wedding and I had only partial unpacked so there were clothes everywhere. When I came home, my fabulous new husband had completely cleaned the house, put things away, started laundry and went to the grocery store to stock up the kitchen! I must say that having him be out of work right now isn't completely horrible, it does have it's perks. Unfortunately I don't make enough for us to continue with him being a house-husband forever.

I plan to start recaps soon, once I get photos organized and finish catching up on everything including the 600 unread blog posts I came home too! The recaps probably won't be in any particular order but just posted as I feel like writing about things.

One VERY exciting thing is that I checked out our photographer's website yesterday and there are already a few wedding pics posted!!! It was like a thousand Christmas mornings rolled into one! I LOOOOVE all the shots posted and now I'm even more excited to see the rest. If anyone wants a sneak peak check out their website www.brucebestphotography.com. The second photo on the main page's slideshow is of us and can I tell you how in love I am with that pink umbrella they brought with them for photos?! There are also pictures scattered within their 3 galleries if anyone wants to look through those. Unfortunately I can't pull them off the site to post here but once I get my disk with the proofs I will be posting like a photo whore.

9 comments:

Marian said...

I can't wait for recaps and all the pictures. I went and checked out your photographers and I absolutely love the one on the home page during the slide show. It is perfection!!

Jen said...

Welcome back! I'm so excited to see the wedding and honeymoon pictures and hear about your fabulous time in St. Lucia! So jealous. In my mind, I'm laying on a beach in St. Lucia at least once a week. :-)

bananas. said...

I just saw the pink umbrella picture and whoa lady...you look stunning!

Bree said...

What a great picture with the umbrella!

Born to be Mrs. Beever said...

Oh yeah....they look so great! So pretty. I bet you are totally anxious to get them back. I hope you are so thrilled with them...you looked gorgeous and I am totally jealous of the umbrella shots!!!

amber said...

Must be SO hard going back to work after the fairy tale day!

But having a husband who takes care of the place for you must be really motivating and totally make up for it :) Congrats.

Heather said...

I love the shot with the umbrella! You look beautiful, and I love your hairstyle. I'm excited to read your recaps!

Mrs T said...

Pink umbrella picture is AWESOME!! Can't wait to see more.

I remember coming home to a google reader like that - eeekkkk! I only went back and read people who had commented while I was away - otherwise my head would have exploded.

Salt said...

Welcome back! Isn't the readjustment period after the honeymoon a pain in the rear? I can't wait to see your recaps!