Monday, October 19, 2009

Wish List

Our registering experience at Crate and Barrel yesterday went well. I must say that it's a bit overwhelming looking at all the items in the store and trying to figure out what you need/want. Then of course trying to decide and agree upon the many different styles and options. It's a bit tedious and definitely makes your head spin a bit. Fortunately we have the option of adding/deleting whatever we want online which I already know we'll be doing a lot of.

It was nice having the whole store basically to ourselves (and other engaged couples) and the staff all around to answer any questions and offer suggestions. I think for the most part we did well agreeing on everything though there were more than a few "You really like THAT??"--mainly from me. I put Kristian in charge of picking out all of our cookware since he's the primary chef in our little family. I plan to focus more on the bedding/bath and decorations. He had a great time looking at all the cookware options and I had a great time thinking of all the fabulous meals he will make me.

We still plan to also register at Bed, Bath and Beyond which has slightly more affordable products so I'm sure a lot of our C&B items will change. Some of the items that we have on our C&B registry at the moment are:








C&B has a lot of really great furniture which inspired us to start thinking about how we want to re-decorate in the future and what pieces we want to eventually replace. So we are now adding a new couch to our ever growing "to save for" list. Being a grown up is expensive!











10 comments:

princessapr said...

Good choices. Plus, you picked classic stuff from C&B. C&B is known for discontinuing things which leaves you in a lurch when you register. Then again, our pattern was discontinued through the manufacturer the year we got married. We got plates for Christmas. It's funny what people get you. We never got sheets or pots and pans. To this day, we have one good pot. Luckily, nowadays, you can change your registries online which is awesome! Wait until your first gift is purchased and you check everyday what has been purchased and you guess who bought what (or maybe I'm the only paranoid one).

Elizabeth Marie said...

C&B is my favorite, I want to get engaged simply so I can register there. I see registering as one big shopping spree...are you doing the whole 12 setting china thing? Do people do that anymore? I know nothing! :)

Annie said...

being a grown up is EXPENSIVE!! the expenses never stop either! we bought all kinds of new furniture in the past year. everything i had was old though so it was about time.
love everything you picked out from C&B.
hope your whole weekend was great!! :)

Elizabeth Marie said...

I know! My friend has been married for a year and hasn't touched her "necessary omg you will die if you don't register for these" 12 place settings. They're still in boxes and she is so agitated about it, it's kind of funny. Ya...I don't see myself doing a dinner party for 6 let alone 12 or 14. Nasomuch :)

bananas. said...

OMG registering seems way too stressful for me. like just give me money and i'll deal with it already. but good for you and kristian for making it fun. crate & barrel is the shit so hopefully your guests buy from there.

Unknown said...

good list! and you are so right, being a grown up is expensive! not to mention too many decisions to make! haha! ;P

Alicia said...

i LOVE registering! even though i've never done it at c&b...just babies r us for the kids!! lol...but still. its always a good time! i'm crossing my fingers that you get some dope gifts!

Gracie said...

I had so much fun doing our registry for our engagement party. But it will be even better for our wedding registry. It does make your head spin the amount of items and what to choose but it's definitely fun.

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

Woo hoo! Isn't it a blast. I was like a kid in a candy store in C&B. I have to say that I registered both there and BB&B and found C&B's customer service to be WAY better. We ran into some major issues with BB&B unfortunately. You picked out some fab products. LOVE that pot.
: )

TriciaNae said...

Just found your blog. love it! Congrats on the upcoming wedding! Love the stuff you picked out. I want to register and C&B for Christmas (and well...just cause too!).