Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Shhhh....it's a surprise

This month not only marks what I feel is the beginning of fall and also includes Halloween but it just so happens to be the month that my beloved future husband was born. He will turn 32 on Oct. 22 (which will also mark the 7 month point until the wedding...eek). I've been racking my brain trying to come up with either a really cool gift to buy him or something fun for us to do.

Last year for his birthday I bought us tickets to see Jason Mraz who happened to be playing in town 2 days before his birthday. I also took him out for a nice sushi dinner on his bday night and sent chocolate covered strawberries to his office. Yeah I pretty much kick ass.

So this year I decided since we ended up cancelling our anniversary trip to OBX that I would take him on a surprise trip down there for his bday weekend on the 24th instead. I booked a room in Kill Devil Hills for Saturday night and my plan is for us to get up and on the road around 4am that morning so that he can be down fishing by 9am. Then we'll go out for a nice dinner and head back on Sunday. It's quite a drive for just one night but I know he'll love it and I figure I would be spending about the same amount to take him out for a nice dinner up here in addition to a present.

He doesn't know about the trip yet but I plan to tell him on his bday and maybe print off a picture of the hotel and put it inside his bday card. I don't want to wait until the morning we leave to let him know because he'll need ample time to get all his fishing gear together and Lord knows I wouldn't know what items to pack.

I'm so excited. I know he'll love his birthday trip. I just have to do my best not to spill the beans before the 22nd.

11 comments:

Patty Ann said...

oh how nice! i'm sure he will love it, so thoughtful!

bananas. said...

you're the BEST fiance EVER!!!

dave's birthday is tomorrow and the only thing we have planned is dinner and drinks. i really want to do something fun this weekend since my sickness ruined this past weekend. any ideas???

Unknown said...

great idea!

Speaking of birthday surprises... kent is hinting around at something fabulous. Do you know anything about this?

princessapr said...

Aw, what a good fiance you are. For our anniversary, I just got my engagement ring resized so I can wear my ring again. I kind of lost my wedding ring so I resized my grandma's (which is similar) so I can be a married woman again to the outside world. I'm sure he'll be thrilled with his present!

Elizabeth Marie said...

Awww you are THEEEE BEST!!! I love this kind of stuff!

Alicia said...

awww that's so cute!! what a great gift! i'm sure he will LOVE it and the drive will TOTALLY be worth it!! so so so cute!

Angela said...

this is so sweet. i have a hard time trying to get BF the perfect gift too b/c he is such a great gift giver.

Ela said...

Such a sweetie you are. He will love it! Sometimes our sig others not reading our blogs is a good thing, no?

Anonymous said...

That is so nice of you! I am the worst at keeping those kinds of secrets though. I get too worked up about it and then end up blabbing my whole surprise to him!

Elizabeth Marie said...

1. I love you more!
2. How excited are you for the Office??! Or sad?

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

That is a fabulous gift!! My hubs turned 32 this year too. I took him to the Warped Tour. That should be good for the next 5 years. Ah ha