Wednesday, October 23, 2013

SWW

 
 
This week I'm saying So What if:
 
-Taking our family photos last weekend was a HUGE pain in the ass. Trying to get a wild toddler to look at and smile for a camera when all he wants to do is run around is basically impossible. I left feeling very disappointed that we didn't get any good shots. HOWEVER, I saw a couple sneak peeks yesterday and the ones I saw are SOOOO cute! My photographer is a magician.
 
-Hunters Halloween costume is pretty simple and basic and involves items that he can continue to use/wear after Halloween. Win/Win!
 
-I found out today that Hunter was holding a truck in his school pictures yesterday. The teacher said the room was full of toys to try to make the kids smile and he spotted a truck and refused to sit down unless he was holding it. I figure it's probably very appropriate since he's obsessed with trucks and buses.
 
-We don't have any pumpkins yet.
 
-Yesterday was my husbands birthday and we didn't do anything exciting to celebrate. He wanted to go hunting so I didn't even see him until 8:30. I did make him some cookies and had those waiting when he got home.

-I didn't buy my child any Halloween pajamas this year.

-On the nights when there is nothing good on t.v., rather than do something productive, like clean my house, I just go to bed early. 

9 comments:

Kathy@MoreCoffeeLessTalky said...

which is exactly why i waited until kayla was much older to do them. also photogs are very experienced in this and manage to snap some great ones.

-kathy
Vodka and Soda

princessapr said...

I do pictures annually with the kid. Family pictures is every 2 years because that's as often as I can get Rob to willingly go. We've just gone to The Picture People because I get coupons all the time, and I'm cheap so it's only like $30 for everything. Rob has a co-worker who is a photographer so we keep trying to get DC photos. Maybe in the Spring. Our last family picture of the three of us.

I don't go overboard with Halloween, but I always get Laura a birthday shirt. This year, I'm just squeezing her into last year's shirt. It's probably the last time I'll get to do it. With her birthday so close to Halloween, I try to make a big deal out of the day even if she still likes the fact that they're all lumped together.

Katlin Smith said...

I didn't buy Halloween pjs either. I got ones with a monster on them so I figured it was close enough!

Christmas I will for sure get some theme pjs but Halloween passed me by for some reason!

Love your blog by the way!

Shannon said...

Good for you with keeping the Halloween costume "reusable". They are so expensive. I spent $30 on Taylor's and she is only wearing it 3 times. (My work party, her daycare party and Halloween).

Stephanie said...

We are having family photos taken in November and I can only imagine how Connor will behave. The photo you shared looked so sweet. If I walk away with one good shot of the 3 of us, I'll be a happy Mom.

Hilary @ Peanut Butter Spoonfuls said...

We have family pics this weekend and that sneak peak you posted on Instagram gives me hope! I love that he has a truck in his school pic, captures him even better than just a headshot I'm sure.

Hena Tayeb said...

I go to bed early too..
we are DIYing and keeping our Halloween costumes and keeping them super simple.. mostly using things we already have..

Fiona said...

Ohhh family photos with a toddler. Yep, hard!! We did this is Sept and it was really stressful and made me never want to do it again. Lids did not want to smile... but magically we got a few good ones in the mix! :) I can see from your instagram sneak peak that you did too. Gorgeous family!!

Why Girls Are Weird said...

I know how you feel about the pictures, when we were doing our engagement pictures with the dogs I was really scared that we wouldn't get good shots because the dogs would not pay attention. But the sneak peeks look SO GOOD!