Thursday, October 24, 2013

Obligatory Pumpkin Patch Post

On Sunday afternoon, the weather was actually nice and I really wanted to take Hunter to a local pumpkin patch that is only a 5 minute drive away. It's actually at a plant nursery but they have activities and fun stuff for kids. We took Hunter there last year but he was too young to really do anything. Since Kristian was busy working on a project at the house and couldn't leave I invited our neighbor to come along so that Hunter could play with his "girlfriend".

Even though I was bummed Kristian couldn't go, having Hunters friend there was great and really helped him enjoy everything even more since he had a buddy to play with.

I've mentioned before that Hunter is OBSESSED with buses, particularly school buses and I knew they had this fake school bus there and couldn't wait for Hunter to see it. He immediately ran over and just stared in awe at the bus. Once I showed him that he could actually get on it and sit down he was in heaven. It was impossible to get him off the thing. He really had no idea it wasn't a real bus.

Whoa!

Pure happiness.

He also got to check out the firetruck.

And the Choo Choo train.

And the Tee Pee

And the moon bounce. The first time he got on it he was scared but I think it was because there were a lot of kids on it. When we went back later it was just him and his friend and he wasn't so scared and actually had a great time jumping.

Hunter and his little girlfriend about to ride off into the sunset.

After they finished playing we went to check out the pumpkins which Hunter wasn't very impressed with at first.


He did however enjoy his "free" ice cream that came with the purchase of a ticket to the patch.

I told Kristian we need to go back together as a family just for a picture since we have one there for the past two years but in the meantime this will do.


I love my little pumpkin.
 
We only stayed about an hour but the kids had a lot of fun. I did not end up buying a pumpkin because I knew I wouldn't be able to carry a big pumpkin while trying to handle Hunter and I didn't plan ahead and bring our wagon so we definitely need to make another trip back in the this upcoming week.

8 comments:

princessapr said...

So cute! Pumpkins are so photogenic - helps when you have cute kids, too.

We went to the patch during that 90+ weekend. We stayed a short time because of the heat. I wrote a blog post, but I never added the pictures and published it yet. I think that's true for like 5 posts. LOL

For some reason, ever since before kids, we've gone to Gaithersburg to a farm. Then, when we had Laura, we continued to go. No idea why, but now it's tradition. They do a cute little Bunnytown in the Spring for Easter, too. Same stuff but they substitute pumpkins for bunnies and rabbits. It's cheaper though.

I love how much Hunter's face brightens when he's on the school bus. Too cute!

Fiona said...

This looks like so much fun!! So nice that Hunter's little girlfriend and her mum were able to go along too. I hope one day I can take Lids to a pumpkin patch back in Canada. Hunter sure looks cutes with all those pumpkins :)

Kathryn said...

Love the pics! The girls also loved the pumpkin patch this year!!

Unknown said...

He looks soooo big!

Hilary @ Peanut Butter Spoonfuls said...

I love watching this budding little relationship! They are darling!! Things that are "free with purchase" are hilarious.

Kathy@MoreCoffeeLessTalky said...

i love going to the pumpkin patch too and this year i couldn't because i was working (BOO!!).

-kathy
Vodka and Soda

Sarah said...

I, for one, don't really get sick of pumpkin patch posts! That big horse looks so fun for the little guys and who doesn't love firetrucks and buses! :)

Kristen said...

Omg! His face while he's on the bus is adorable! So pumped!