Tuesday, October 29, 2013

No Rest or Relaxation

This past weekend was a lot of fun but also jam packed and didn't allow for very much downtime. But we got to see friends and family and enjoy the nice weather so I can't complain too much.

Saturday started out early with a drive up to Maryland to visit one of my oldest friends and her newborn baby girl. I was nervous about how Hunter would react to seeing me holding a baby (which he's never seen before), considering how jealous he gets when his father and I hug in front of him I thought this could be bad. But he didn't seem to care, he just wanted to play with her older sons toys. Go figure.

 
After our quick visit we headed a little more North and met up with my mom to attend the fall festival that her church was having. They had a real firetruck there for kids to climb on and that basically made Hunters life. We had a hard time getting him to do anything other than sit on the firetruck.


He kept saying "Sit, Mama" so I had to climb on as well. Then he would say "Go, Mama!" but unfortunately I was not allowed to drive the firetruck.


Hunter got to play with the grandson of my mom's boss. The boys are only 3 days apart in age.

And he made friends with another little girl on the church's playground.
 
He passed out in the car on the way home and slept great that night so I think it was a successful day.
 
On Sunday we headed up to my brothers condo for brunch and to celebrate his fiance moving in and to see their newly renovated kitchen which looked awesome. It's also amazing what a woman's touch can do for a place. My brothers condo went from mis-matched furniture, typical no-style bachelor pad to something straight out of HGTV makeover shows.
 
We ate a fabulous meal, followed by this amazing cake that my future sister-in-law made for Kristian's birthday. It not only looked amazing but tasted fantastic!

 
They also officially asked us all to be in the wedding, me as a bridesmaid, Kristian as a groomsman and Hunter as the ring bearer. How cute will he be in his little tux?!
 
On the way home we stopped at the pumpkin patch again to let Hunter play and to actually get pumpkins. He was a bit fussy from only getting a 20 minute nap in the car but once he saw the "school bus" he perked right up. Kid loves buses and trucks.


What he does NOT love is having his photo taken.


So all in all it was a very busy but also very fun weekend. I'm looking forward to a little more downtime this coming weekend. 

3 comments:

KatiePerk said...

That cake looks awesome! You were a busy lady!

Fiona said...

Whoa... it sounds busy indeed!! But lots of fun too! He is such a little cutie. Sounds like he had a blast.

Shannon said...

I love that he wanted you to drive the truck. That made me smile!