Wednesday, October 2, 2013

SWW

Linking up with Shannon for So What Wednesday!
 

 
-I didn't realize until I was on my way home yesterday that it was my 5 year anniversary of working at my company. To be honest I only planned to stay for a year, it's amazing how fast time goes by.
 
-After realizing this I emailed everyone in my company (don't worry it's only like 7 people) about it being my anniversary, I think we're getting a cake today to celebrate. Any reason for cake right!
 
-I don't understand the point of sending birth announcements (I never did), by the time you send them everyone has already seen photos and know the name. Seems like a waste of money and just one extra thing to do.  Isn't that the point of Facebook/Instagram? **I wrote this after reading Shannon's SWW post
 
-I was a bit disappointed that Hunter didn't seem very impressed with the animals when we took him to the zoo this past weekend. I, for sure, thought he would flip out with excitement. Instead he looked mainly confused/concerned the whole time.
 
-My husband dyes my hair for me (and did so last night). I can't ever reach the back and everytime I do it myself it doesn't turn out well so he started helping me do it years ago and now is actually quite good at it.
 
-I really want to take a day off work just to clean my house. It needs a deep cleaning and it's impossible to get it done on the weekends during Hunters 2 hour nap.
 
-I find it fascinating how different girls play from boys. Watching Hunter play outside with his new little girl friend Jordynn it's very obvious that my child is all "boy" while he rolls around in the grass and eats dirts while Miss Jordynn just sits and watches and is very dainty and clean.
 
-After listening to all of my coworker's dating dramas, I'm SO happy I'm not single anymore and that my life is boring. I did drama for years. I prefer boring.

8 comments:

Kathy@MoreCoffeeLessTalky said...

hunter's interest will change dramatically. when kayla was that age, she wanted NOTHING to do with arts/crafts then 6mons later, it's all she wanted to do.

-kathy
Vodka and Soda

Laura said...

congrats on your 5 year work anniversary! I think I'm going to "luck out" in the birth announcement category since I"m due at the end of November: I'm going to just do our Holiday cards/birth announcement in one and call it a day. So awesome your hubby helps you dye your hair, that's a keeper!

Shannon said...

Obviously I'm going to chime in to the birth announcement comment since I just shared mine.

We have tons of aunts/uncles and grandparents who don't do facebook and instagram, so this is their actual announcement.

Yes, it's a repeat for those with social media, but many of my technology impaired family members LOVE their announcements.

Venassa said...

Chloe spends every other weekend with her father and I STILL can't get caught up on any cleaning. I'd like to take a day off as well, but soon I'll get many of those anyway.
I find your comment about the differences in boy/girl play kind of funny. I have a nephew (older now) so I know what you mean, but having two girls I see how crazy the difference is just between them. Madi is always breaking things, stepping on toys, getting messy, getting holes in her clothes and destroying everything that gets in her way while Chloe is much more calm, clean, and less like a hurricane. Maybe it's because Madi spent the first two years of her life living with an older brother and Chloe was an only child :p

Hilary @ Peanut Butter Spoonfuls said...

I agree with the birth announcement thing but I still did them. I guess I like the quaintness of it? Plus then you have something to frame. B could not care less about the real animals at the zoo. The animal statues, however, are a big hit.

Fiona said...

Congrats on 5 years at your job! That is great! Was there cake?? :)

Ugg, hearing single people gossip and drama definitely makes me glad I am done with all of that too!

princessapr said...

I saw that and couldn't believe it's been 5 years since I sat next to you after doing so for so long.

Laura was born late October so I did a birth announcement/Christmas card combo. I wouldn't spend a lot of money, but I would still do one. I think newborn photos are a waste of money especially how people do them now. I took my own picture for our announcement and then just paid like 9 cents each at Kodak. I'll cut my list down next time and do it for those who aren't on Facebook, but I like having tangible things in the baby book.

Stephanie said...

Boring for the win! It's almost 11 on a Friday and I'm in bed blogging and ready posts while J snores next to me. Such excitement!