Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Maternity Shots (taken at 32 weeks)

This past Sunday my friend Laura, who happens to be my sorority big sister, came over to take some maternity photos for us. Laura recently moved to Northern VA with her husband and two little boys which is awesome because I haven't seen her in years and now she lives right by where I work. It's always nice to have friends (and especially those with little kids) in the area.

Laura recently started a photography business and after seeing a lot of her photos posted on Facebook, including some great maternity shots of her pregnant sister I asked her if she would be so kind as to come shoot some of me. She very happily agreed and I'm so glad she did because the pictures I've seen so far are awesome!

She came over and took a bunch of photos of me in the still-a-work-in-progress nursery, some in the front of our house and a lot in the woods and down by the water behind our house. I can't wait to get a few of these framed and put in the nursery.


I think this is one of the more flattering shots of me. I think it's funny how my belly is veering to the left a bit. I guess he was moving around at the time.


While we were taking pictures in the nursery, Halpert kept coming in to watch and at one point he jumped in the glider and was posed so perfectly so we couldn't resist getting a few pictures with my furbaby. Based on his facial expression I think that he's thinking "Are you sure I won't be the baby anymore mom?"

I love this shot because it reminds me of one of our wedding photos where the photographer caught us kissing through the trees in a very similar pose. 




This will probably go in the nursery.


This is another favorite that I want to put in the nursery.



We were joking that this is the closest that I get to camping.


Love this shot as well. That's our front door behind me and a rose from our garden.


This is another favorite! And you get a sneak peek at the crib and bedding in the nursery. The little bear in the crib was Kristian's as a child.

These are just some of the photos she posted on Facebook. Check out her Facebook page if you want to see some of her other work, or if you live in Northern VA and needs a photographer.

25 comments:

Heather said...

These are great! She did a fabulous job and captured some truly beautiful photos.

♥ Marcy ♥ said...

OMG GIRL THEY ARE AMAZING! You are stunning... seriously!

AmyJean {Relentless Bride®} said...

Love the maternity shots! You look SO BEAUTIFUL!!!

Sara said...

These are so good!! You look great!!

Crystal Renee said...

I love the maternity shots! The laying down one is my fav! It looks like a model pose for a magazine!!!

PattyAnn said...

You look FABULOUS!And these are great shots!

Unknown said...

Just stunning!!!

Karen said...

Beautiful pictures, Shannon!

Nicole-Lynn said...

Awww they are amazing! Love them! Especially the b&w of hubby behind you (that you want to put in the nursery) and the one of you by the crib! How precious! :)

melifaif said...

Oh, you look fabulous!!! Wow...I love them all too. Your bamp bump is so pretty....congrats!!!

melifaif said...

that was suppose to read BABY BUMP!!! Wow. blogger needs spell check. ha.

Meagan said...

Ok I have been mia! Congratulations!!! I got caught up. Love how you told Kristian. Love that you aren't sharing the name. So excited! Love the maternity pics too!

Meagan said...

Ps you need twitter!

Jen said...

These all came out great, Shannon! I love every one of them. I don't know if I have ever seen pregnancy pictures from the vantage point of the mom laying down, looking down at her belly. I really like that angle.

princessapr said...

Great pictures! I have to imagine it'll be just like your wedding pictures where it's going to be hard to pick which ones to display!

Aw, and they're your first family photos with many more to come, I imagine.

I do keep thinking of doing the outside photography sessions. I haven't committed to the investment yet though.

Unknown said...

ive seen so many maternity shots lately and yours are by far in my top favorite. They're simple, classy and so full of love :)

Venassa said...

They are all beautiful! The first one and the black and white one are my favorites.

Meg said...

I these, they are fantastic! You look incredible girl.

Mrs EyeCanSee said...

These are amazing! I love that blue top, such a great color and you look fabulous in it!

Why Girls Are Weird said...

These are gorgeous, you look beautiful!

bananas. said...

the photos are AMAZING!!!!!!!

and you look so friggen beautiful shannon! you're glowing, you really are. i love them ALL. tell your friend she rocks!

d.a.r. said...

These are gorgeous!!!

carrie1 said...

your pictures are AMAZING!! =)

Marian said...

Love these!! THey came out perfect!! My favorite is the one with the sneak-peek of the nursery:) But they are all lovely!!!

Saying I do said...

wow! these are sooo beautiful!!!! I love them!!! You look amazing and glowing and so perfect!