Thursday, November 10, 2011

33 Weeks

Pregnancy Highlights

How Far Along: 33 weeks




Size of baby: According to babycenter.com the baby is about the size of a pineapple

This week your baby weighs a little over 4 pounds and has passed the 17-inch mark. He's rapidly losing that wrinkled, alien look and his skeleton is hardening. The bones in his skull aren't fused together, which allows them to move and slightly overlap, thus making it easier for him to fit through the birth canal. (The pressure on the head during birth is so intense that many babies are born with a conehead-like appearance.) These bones don't entirely fuse until early adulthood, so they can grow as his brain and other tissue expands during infancy and childhood.

Total Weight Gain/Loss: +26-27 pounds approximately. I seem to be gaining about a pound a week which is what I should be doing.

Maternity Clothes: mostly maternity and even some of those shirts are getting tight, but that could be because I seem to shrink everything I wash.

Gender: BOY!

Movement: Lots of movement and it's getting stronger everyday. He seems to be doing more rolling than kicking though some of his movements are so strong they catch me off guard.

What I miss: Being able to just move around easily like I use to. Even the smallest things like getting dressed in the morning or getting off the couch is a struggle nowadays.


Sleep: Not good, getting up a lot to pee, it's rather annoying.


Symptoms: It would be easier to list the symptoms I don't have! At this point I have a bit of everything- backaches, lots of braxton hicks contractions, minor heartburn, slight swelling in the feet, and just general discomfort almost 24/7.

Cravings: Chocolate milk and cherry coke (though not together) and basically anything sweet.

Best Moment this week: Going shopping with my mom last weekend for baby stuff. I have a slight addiction to baby clothes that is not healthy for my bank account.

What I am looking forward to: Having no set plans this weekend, hopefully I can get a lot of "nesting" done. Also, looking forward to Thanksgiving in two weeks and having a 4 day weekend, I need it badly.
 
**Don't forget to put your guesses into our baby pool

9 comments:

♥ Marcy ♥ said...

You are looking great mama!

Unknown said...

Beautiful!!

Heather said...

I already know that when it's my turn, I'm going to be the same way about the shopping -- wanting to buy all the clothes I see! In fact, when I see baby clothes in stores now, I sometimes wish I could buy them. LOL! You look beautiful!

Mrs EyeCanSee said...

You look great!!

Kristen said...

Looking good! He is going to be here SO soon!

PS I craved Chocolate Milk during pregnancy too (I generally don't like milk) and I STILL can't get enough!

Meg said...

You look fantastic! I can't believe your little man will be here so soon.

I will be making my big announcement tonight. :)

Venassa said...

The addiction to baby clothes doesn't go away - I'm proof of that.
You will find it so weird after you have the baby that when you're back to peeing like a regular person. I don't miss having to pee every half hour.

Why Girls Are Weird said...

You look amazing lady!

P.S. I'm hosting an awesome indobay giveaway for a $40 prize! Come check it out!

Haus of Style said...

You are beautiful my dear. Congrats on the baby boy! Get lots of sleep while you can now ;) Have a great weekend.