Thursday, November 17, 2011

34 Weeks

Pregnancy Highlights
 
How Far Along: 34 weeks

*Despite my hugeness I'm still measuring right on schedule according to my doctor's appt. yesterday*
 
Size of baby: According to babycenter.com the baby is about the size of a cantaloupe (this feels about right)
 
Your baby now weighs about 4 3/4 pounds and is almost 18 inches long. His fat layers — which will help regulate his body temperature once he's born — are filling him out, making him rounder. His skin is also smoother than ever. His central nervous system is maturing and his lungs are continuing to mature as well. If you've been nervous about preterm labor, you'll be happy to know that babies born between 34 and 37 weeks who have no other health problems generally do fine. They may need a short stay in the neonatal nursery and may have a few short-term health issues, but in the long run, they usually do as well as full-term babies (this is comforting!)
Total Weight Gain/Loss: +28 pounds approximately. I suspect Thanksgiving next week will definitely push me over the 30 pound gain mark.
Maternity Clothes: Yep and I'm already sick of the few outfits that I keep having to rotate but I refuse to buy more clothes to just wear for a month.
Gender: BOY!
 
Movement: He's still quite the mover and shaker and his movements are getting stronger by the day. You can just see my belly dancing around which is neat.
What I miss: My cute winter clothes and boots that no longer fit. I'm so sick of wearing the same few outfits over and over. Also being able to roll over easily in bed, it's a huge production to get comfortable every night.
Sleep: Still not great but I'm getting use to the lack of sleep.
Symptoms: Same as always. The braxton hicks seem to be increasing in frequency and the swelling is getting worse. I had to retire my wedding bands this past weekend :(
Cravings: Anything liquid, I'm ALWAYS thirsty.
Best Moment this week: Washing all the baby blankets and a lot of the clothes-Nesting has kicked in full force. Also, the changes/additions we've done to the nursery. It's so close to being done and I LOVE it! Can't wait to share pictures.
What I am looking forward to: my maternity leave! Work has been so busy lately that I can't wait to take my 6 weeks and just focus on my little guy. It will be the longest I've gone without work and/or school since I was 15. Not that taking care of a newborn is a vacation by any means but it will be a nice break.  
**Starting in 3 weeks I will be having my weekly appointments and they will be checking my cervix each time to see if I'm dilating. I'm not looking forward to the actual checks since I hear they can hurt but I am curious to see if/how much I'm dilating.**

12 comments:

Nicole-Lynn said...

Glad all is well! He'll be here SOON!

Unknown said...

You look beautiful!

princessapr said...

You look great!

Sorry about the swelling. I never had any until after the baby was born (and only in the feet).

6 weeks? That's going to go by so quickly. I always say that 6 weeks is just about the point where I could get my act together to leave the house by myself. She was sleeping 4 hours at a time and I could plan around her and know how much food/diapers to pack to get out and about.

So excited for you!

Why Girls Are Weird said...

You look beautiful lady! You must be getting so excited!

Mrs EyeCanSee said...

I remember getting so sick of my few outfit choices near the end. I even went and bought a new skirt then returned it realizing how stupid it was for only a few more weeks! Hang in there! Hopefully you'll be back in those pre-pregnancy clothes before you know it!

The Presutti's said...

So happy for you! You look wonderful and sound really happy! Have a great thanksgiving!

http://sweetcanadian.blogspot.com/ said...

wow already? Holy crap 6 weeks? here it is a year, on paid leave as long as a person has 900 working hours to claim ei.

AmyJean {Relentless Bride®} said...

Can't wait to see pics of the nursery... can't believe its going by so quickly... and you still look super cute! Love how you are carrying! :)

Daniela said...

you look great! It's my first time here, have you picked out a name?

Deidre said...

Wow! Look at you! You look gorgeous and this is so exciting.

carrie1 said...

You look great still!! I hear you on the outfits.. I just went and bought another pair of maternity jeans which killed me.. because I am normally in pj's since I barely leave the house.

Kristen said...

You are far from huge... you are just all baby :) As you should be... after all, you're carrying around a cantloupe ;)

I can't wait to see your nursery!!!!!