Thursday, November 3, 2011

32 Weeks

Pregnancy Highlights

How Far Along: 32 weeks



Size of baby: According to babycenter.com the baby is about the size of a large jicama
By now, your baby weighs 3.75 pounds and is about 16.7 inches long, taking up a lot of space in your uterus. You're gaining about a pound a week and roughly half of that goes right to your baby. In fact, he'll gain a third to half of his birth weight during the next 7 weeks as he fattens up for survival outside the womb. He now has toenails, fingernails, and real hair (or at least respectable peach fuzz). His skin is becoming soft and smooth as he plumps up in preparation for birth.

Total Weight Gain/Loss: +25 pounds approximately. I'm thinking my goal of not gaining more than 30 pounds is out the window considering I still have about 8 weeks left and the holidays thrown in there.
Maternity Clothes: mostly maternity but still can squeeze into some jeans and larger regular shirts. My shoes are starting to get a bit tight though.

Gender: BOY!

Movement: All day everyday. The other night Kristian was pushing on my tummy where the baby usually kicks and 30 seconds later he would kick. Kristian would push again and a few seconds later he would kick again, it was like they were playing a little back and forth poking game with each other. It was cute.

What I miss: Not feeling uncomfortable 24/7 and wearing heels


Sleep: Good nights and bad nights. Last night was great, Tuesday night was miserable.


Symptoms: Same old same old; backaches, braxton hicks, some slight swelling at the end of the day and just recently minor heartburn. Good times.

 
Cravings: Still more interested in drinking than eating. I'm always thirsty but not particularly hungry most of the time.

Best Moment this week: Getting my maternity photos done last weekend. I love them! As of my doctor's appointment yesterday I'm back to measuring on schedule rather than two weeks ahead so that's good news.

What I am looking forward to: Finishing up the nursery, my goal is to have it done by the beginning of Dec. unfortunately I need Kristian's help with a few things and he is not in the nesting mode like I am so he's taking his sweet time with things.


11 comments:

Unknown said...

You continue to look amazing. I love that belly of yours!!

Nicole-Lynn said...

Good update! I would be the same about the nesting.. ha!

You look great...can't believe he's almost here!

princessapr said...

Cute!

Ugh, I had the worst heartburn.

I have no idea what a jimica looks like, but I'm pretty sure nothing like a fetus.

The baby hair. I swear that was the one thing I didn't expect. I knew they had hair in the womb, but I didn't expect a furry baby. Laura was covered. I thought I'd have to shave her (totally didn't).

8 weeks is going to fly!

Venassa said...

I gained 40 and it all went away nicely. Since you had the same starting weight, maybe you'll be just as lucky.
Reading your posts makes me miss being pregnant just a tiny tiny bit.

Meg said...

I love you little updates. You look fantastic as always. I love that you are finishing up your nursery. Your baby boy will be here soon enough...so exciting.

Mrs EyeCanSee said...

Still fitting into non-maternity jeans? Girl that is awesome!! Don't fret about the numbers on the scale, I have a sneaking suspicion you're going to back to your old self shortly after that little guy is born!

Heather said...

That's so cute about him kicking when Kristian would push on your stomach! You look great!

BG said...

you're getting so close! i can totally relate with the husband not as motivated as me to get going on the nursery! haha.

still looking great, lady! :)

beka said...

What a cute sweater! Sorry about the appearance of heartburn in your life :( No fun. The maternity photos look great!

Kristen said...

Yay you are getting so close.

When shoes start feeling too small you know the baby is near :-)

You look great!

AmyJean {Relentless Bride®} said...

You look great girl! Don't you just love all the movement? Our lil one keeps playin' with the Husband but not moving when I call him over, but those feelings in the tummy are something I can definitely never get sick of!!

I'm impressed you are still fitting in your jeans! Way to go! :)