Friday, November 25, 2011

35 Weeks


Pregnancy Highlights
 
How Far Along: 35 weeks

*This was taken at my in-laws house during Thanksgiving, I still look really swollen from all the fluids I got in the hospital*
 
Size of baby: According to babycenter.com the baby is about the size of a honeydew melon
 
Your baby doesn't have much room to maneuver now that he's over 18 inches long and tips the scales at 5 1/4 pounds . Because it's so snug in your womb, he isn't likely to be doing somersaults anymore, but the number of times he kicks should remain about the same. His kidneys are fully developed now, and his liver can process some waste products. Most of his basic physical development is now complete — he'll spend the next few weeks putting on weight.

Total Weight Gain/Loss:  I refuse to answer this since my weight gain is a bit exaggerated thanks to all the fluids I got in the hospital and Thanksgiving yesterday. I don't even want to weight myself. Maybe next week. 

Maternity Clothes: Maternity clothes and Kristian's clothes for lounging around in. 

Gender: BOY!
 
Movement: Lots of movement, sometimes it's so strong it hurts a bit. Our nieces and nephew got to feel him kick yesterday which was fun. 

What I miss: Right now I miss being able to do anything other than lay around, I feel like there is still so much to do and I can't really do any of it and it's driving me a bit crazy but keeping him inside is more important at this point. 

Sleep: Since I didn't sleep at all in the hospital Tuesday night I've actually slept great the last two nights, my body was exhausted.

Symptoms: Lots of braxton hicks contractions and swelling, I now have cankles.   Also, some nausea on and off. 

Cravings: Nothing really, I don't have much of an appetite. I've been drinking lots of water to stay hydrated and that fills me up. 

Best Moment this week: NOT having the baby on Tuesday night, I really want him to wait until my mom gets back from Europe and until he's further along. Also, Thanksgiving yesterday was really nice. 

What I am looking forward to: Hopefully getting everything done before he arrives. 

6 comments:

Heather said...

I'm glad you were able to get some rest and also enjoy a nice Thanksgiving!

Meg said...

You look fantastic. I am glad everything was fine when you checked into L&D. Just a few more weeks until your sweet little boy will be here.

Nicole-Lynn said...

You're so cute! Love the pic! Glad all is well. Sorry you're uncomfortable, but he will be here soon! Yey!

AmyJean {Relentless Bride®} said...

You still look gorgeous! These updates are so cool b/c its great to see how far you've progressed, and you are so close to d-day! I can't wait til the little one arrives :)

carrie1 said...

You don't look swollen. But I am glad to hear everything was fine with you and baby. I can tell you I am READY to be done being preggers.

Hope you had a good Thanksgiving. =)

PattyAnn said...

You look great! I am just now catching up, I'm glad everything is okay and that baby is still baking! Hang in there, you'll never have a chance to do nothing again!