Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Wedding Party Wednesday

Today's installment of Wedding Party Wednesday is dedicated to my bridesmaid and future sister in law Michelle! Of all my bridesmaids I've known Michelle for the shortest length of time but in that time I've become very fond of her. Michelle is 9 years older than Kristian and his only sibling, however despite the age difference they are pretty close and get along really well.

The first time I met Michelle was last Thanksgiving when I went to their parents house for dinner. I will admit I was a bit intimidated by her at first, not only because she's the protective big sister but also because, she's tall, thin and gorgeous. You would never know that she's the mother of a 13 year old and 10 year old twins! She's very fashionable and I'm a big fan of her shoe collection. She's the stylish big sister I always wished for! Unfortunately she's about 9 inches taller than me which makes sharing clothes impossible :(

From the moment I met her she was very welcoming towards me and always included me in their family gatherings. Like her brother she's incredibly outgoing and the life of the party. Being around their family is always entertaining.

When I first mentioned to Kristian the idea of asking her to be a bridesmaid I could tell he was very touched. He never asked me to include her, he wanted me to feel free to choose whomever I wanted and vice versa, but I knew it would mean a lot to him and his parents. Plus I expect that as time goes on Michelle and I will continue to become even closer and I would hate to look back on our wedding pictures and not see her included in the wedding party.

Being that I grew up with two older brothers and always wanted a big sister I'm so excited to have Michelle as my sister in law.

3 comments:

bananas. said...

that's so awesome! she sounds like a great sister-in-law. you're a lucky gal.

Elizabeth Marie said...

Awww! Yay! She sounds great...the whole family does!


Ok lady seriously...do it do it! (The Shred) although Level 2 isn't my fave, you have to before Level 3. or at least thats what I should say...

Patty Ann said...

Ah...lets talk. We've actually hired a coordinator and thanks to her we've discovered a lot of ways to save. I'd be happy to share the tips and ideas she's given me. patty.hurtado@gmail.com