Monday, December 23, 2013

Christmas Spirit

I love our house when it's decorated for Christmas, it just looks and feels so warm and homey. We started decorating the week after Thanksgiving and I must give my husband credit since he did most of the decorating. I was in charge of the tree (which I love) but he did everything else. I think he gets it's from his mother who LOVES decorating for the holidays.


We are only one of two houses on our street with lights. In fact Kristian added more lights to the bushes on the left after I took this picture. 

Our mantle is one of my favorite parts of the house during this time of year. My aunt made all three stockings. My stocking (the one on the right) is the stocking I had growing up. Hunters is in the middle and Kristian's is on the left (it's a camo hunting boot). 

Our tree is full of sentimental ornaments we've collected over the years as well as some from our childhood. I love going through the ornaments each year and adding new ones. 


I LOVE this view. 

This year we put a mini tree in Hunters room with some of his ornaments that have his name on them. He isn't really into the tree this year. Maybe next year he'll appreciate it more. 

THIS was the shot I was hoping to get. Hunter and Moxie by the tree. I love this photo. 

2012 vs. 2013. 

We still have a few more gifts to buy and some more gifts to wrap but should be finished today and ready to celebrate with our families this week. 

7 comments:

Kathy@MoreCoffeeLessTalky said...

so pretty!!

we have a mini tree in kayla's room too. she didn't pay attention to it until she turned 3. now she loves it and adds a new mini ornament every year :)

-kathy
Vodka and Soda

princessapr said...

We have a tree in Laura's room. It acts as a night light in the winter.

I love the Christmas photo! Beautiful.

Stephanie said...

What a warm and cozy home you have. The colors with the lights looks so inviting!
And I don't think I've mentioned it before but I adore your gallery wall.
Merry Christmas!

Nat said...

Your decorations look great!! Love that last pic with Hunter by the tree this year and last- so special!

Fiona said...

Your house looks so beautiful all decorated!! And I love this year's (and last year's) photo of Hunter by the tree. So adorable!!

A very merry Christmas to you and your family!

Brittany said...

Aww cute love the picture of the two them by the tree.

http://sweetcanadian.blogspot.com/ said...

I love those stockings, so cute!

Is that the same pair of pajamas both years?

The pic of him with the dog is a frame-able one for sure!