Monday, May 14, 2012

First Mother's Day

As I mentioned last week, I was very excited to celebrate my first Mother's Day as a mama this year. And the fact that it fell the day after my birthday was just icing on the cake (more on my birthday to come in another post).

The weather this weekend couldn't have been better, warm and sunny and perfect for enjoying the outdoors. Since we had had people over the day before for my birthday, and Kristian had worked his butt off playing host, I decided to take it easy on him for Mother's Day.

After bringing me some fruit tart in bed for breakfast and morning cuddles with my boys we debated packing up a picnic basket and heading over to a nearby lake but neither of us had the motivation to shop for picnic goodies, so instead we headed to a nearby restaurant we both like that is on the water for a relaxing lunch with our little man.

We had a little photo shoot before we left to document the occasion and to show off Hunter's cute little ensemble.

He's so big he will be carrying me around soon.

Moxie was a being a jealous little B. And yes I know my kid is a chunk.

Thanks to this little man, I get to wear the best title I've ever had. Mother.

My two favorite men at lunch. Hunter is always fascinated with daddy's beer bottles. Like father like son.

After lunch we came home and Hunter and I took a nap in my bed for about 2 hours and snuggled. It was great.

We got up and decided to give the little man some avocado for the first time. We just took a regular avocado and mashed it up until it was bascially puree and added a little water to make it a bit more liquidy. He's doing better and better with the spoon. He will lean towards it and open his mouth and wait for me to shove some food in. He finally started grabbing the spoon with his hand, getting the avocado on it and then just sucking on his fist. Hey at least it was getting in his mouth. Whatever works.

"Hey dad, what's this green crap mom's giving me?"

"Hey that's not a bottle!"

"Yum, something other than boring, old milk"

And by far my favorite picture of the weekend and the one I plan to put in his high school yearbook when he graduates.

My first Mother's Day was wonderful, thanks to my amazing husband and son. I am so blessed and thankful to have them both in my life and to get to finally celebrate this holiday as a mama.

Happy (belated) Mother's Day to all you mamas out there.  

6 comments:

beka said...

Happy Mother's Day - and birthday! He's so cute and you are looking great!

Melissa at Tall Blonde Blog said...

Happy Birthday and Happy Mother's Day!

Those pictures are hilarious!

Heather said...

Looks like you had a great first Mother's Day! How exciting that Hunter got to try his first avocado, too!

KatiePerk said...

Oh my goodness! That is the best pic ever!! Happy Mother's Day to you!! H is precious!! I can't wait to give SS food!!

Stephanie said...

That last picture is classic! Love it! I hope your weekend was fabulous :)

Holly said...

OMG that last picture!!!!!!!!!!!!! sooo stinking cute.