Friday, October 29, 2010

Halloween FAIL

I love Halloween, I really do, however you would never know it by Kristian and my lack of motivation when it comes to the holiday this year. Our house isn't decorated, we don't even own a pumpkin, we haven't bought costumes and on Sunday night we may get a handful of knocks on our door for candy if we're lucky (the pitfalls of living in a condo complex of primarily adults).

Our lack of Halloween spirit is due to a number of things- I've spent most of the month focusing on celebrating Kristian's birthday, we haven't wanted to decorate since we're in the process of trying to pack up our condo for our eventual move, we're trying to save money, and of course the main reason which is pure laziness.

I spent all year saying I wanted to dress up as Snooki...I definitely I have the height (or lack of) to pull it off but the thought of spending a night at an over-crowded bar buying over-priced drinks is just not that appealing right now. And since we don't have any friends hosting a Halloween party there is no point in dressing up.

I still do want to carve a pumpkin. Kristian suggested hitting up the pumpkin patch tomorrow but I wonder if that's like trying to buy a Christmas tree on Christmas Eve, aren't all the good ones taken? We'll see what happens.

With all that said I hope everyone has a very Happy Halloween weekend and I look forward to reading many Halloween posts on Monday and seeing what everyone dressed up as. Maybe I can live vicariously through you at least.

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!

Via Google Images.

9 comments:

Jillian said...

Hahah funniest pics ever. I will be sure to post pics of our party for you to see! I hope you find something fun to do!!!

Unknown said...

We should team and do nothing together.

bananas. said...

no halloween spirit?! that's like a crime!!!

well i'll have fun for you...and look i don't even have any plans but i'll make some :)

Nicole-Lynn said...

I hear ya! We wern't going to dress up but I think we were able to put together some sailor'ish type costumes! haha We're going to go out downtown for a little bit Sunday evening. Next year we'll do the trick or treater thing.

Have a nice weekend!

♥ Marcy ♥ said...

HAHAHA I LOVE THE PICS! I am with you on the decorating, etc.... we are in this aparment right now until hopefully (fingers crossed) purchasing a new home after the wedding at the beginning of summer. I just cannot bring myself to decorating this place... hopefull next year! Hope you have a wonderful weekend!

Melissa said...

Right there with ya, girl! We are doing nothing. We haven't bought candy and defiantly not dressing up. Heck, the only reason we have a pumpkin is because Morgan stole one at the Harry Peter.

Stephanie said...

Happy Halloween! I'm right there with you. I have been a total slacker this season too!

Spanky said...

Haha - Melissa beat me to it. We have a stolen, about to get mushy, pumpkin sitting in our living room right now.

Last year we had a few too many dranks with our neighbors, decorated the pumpkins with inappropriate things and threw them in the apt complex pool. If that's not a classy and mature celebration I don't know what is!

Mrs. Werginz said...

My MIL e-mailed me that pic of pumpkin people...I think it is so funny!!