Monday, February 8, 2010

Step This Way

Being snowed in for three days I wanted to get some items checked off my to-do list, the main one being that I wanted to start printing and assembling our invites however someone *cough*Kristian*cough* bought the wrong ink cartridge for the printer so that nipped that idea in the bud.

Instead I decided to take some time and bedazzle my wedding shoes. I really wanted to add a bit of sparkle to the bottom of my shoes which I think will make for some cute pictures. So I took the pack of rhinestones and adhesive I bought at WalMart a few weeks back and went to work.


(My wedding shoes aka my something blue)

(Right shoe reads "I DO" and the left is our wedding date- 05 22 10)

(Some subtle sparkle)

I've mentioned before that I'm not very crafty or much of a DIYer. This is pretty much the extent of my skills. Since these were individual rhinestones I had to really take my time...and my tweezers to get these glued in place. Overall I'm pretty happy with how they turned out.

I also bedazzled one of the items I've bought for each of my bridesmaids which I plan to show in another post at a later date. I'm thinking of taking the rest of the rhinestones to help dress up our invites or programs. We're suppose to get ANOTHER 6-10 inches of snow tomorrow night so who knows what else I may end up bedazzling if I continue to be housebound. The cats should probably hide now.

18 comments:

Lexilooo said...

those look fabulous! I love them!

Anonymous said...

I love the bedazzled shoe look. I really wanted to do it to my wedding shoes, but they are so flat that the sparklies would last about 10 feet before ripping off. You did a great job!

bananas. said...

LADY!!! i'm so impressed. i know it's not much but it's sill very creative. i've never seen that before. you're becoming a DIY bride and i like it!

Muito Igual a VocĂȘ said...

Gorgeous!

Unknown said...

So cute! Great idea... and the shoes? I die!

Heather said...

They look great! I think you did a good job!

Marian said...

Um, I love it!!!

And seriously, this snow is killing me. We have so much of it and nowhere to put it. With another storm a brewing I think I may go snow crazy!!

Mrs EyeCanSee said...

Love the blue shoes, I'm a sucker for color at a wedding! Who's ever going to wear white ones again anyway?!?

Sorry to hear about snowstorm part deux. Stay warm!

rachaelgking said...

Those shoes. Are. FABULOUS!!!

Holly said...

such a cute "just enough" idea! love it

Mrs T said...

They are super cute. Love the bedazzling!

Anonymous said...

woo hoo for gorgeous bedazzled shoes! boo to more snow! ugh.

Phillydizzi Bride to Be said...

I love those shoes and you did a fabulous job customizing them.

Ela said...

Love the shoes!!!
And I adore the rhinestones on the soles idea, you're a creative lil monkey! It's endearing, I promise :)
Ooh...what else you got under your sleeve?

Chocolate Lover said...

I love these! The bling on them is great too!

Born to be Mrs. Beever said...

I love your shoes and the color and the bling...they're fabulous. I too want to put something on the bottom of my shoes but I'm not sure what yet. I don't think I'm going to use "I do." But not positive on which route to go. We'll see I guess.

Gabby said...

I LOVE the shoes! So creative and fun..well done, lady! :)

Annie said...

i love your shoes and the bling!!!
i wanted nina shoes but i don't know if that'll be happening. totally heart them though!!

p.s. only 100 days left!! how exciting little lady!!! :)
i hope you are having a great week! XO