Friday, November 22, 2013

Five on Friday

 
 
 
1. I'm so excited and proud of my niece who got her acceptance letter to ECU (my Alma mater). Almost everyone on my husbands side of the family went to Virginia Tech so it would be awesome to have a fellow pirate to help me cheer against the Hokies. She's just waiting to hear back from one more school before she decides but I know she loved ECU during her visit down there.
 
2. I got Hunters birthday invitations/banner/thank you cards from Kristen at Little Laws Prints and per usual they are awesome. We are doing a Wheels on the Bus theme since Hunter is obsessed with school buses.
 
3. My goal this year is to do ALL my Christmas shopping online. If I can't buy it online then I probably won't buy it at all. The thought of going to the mall this time of year gives me hives.
 
4. I really want to go see the new Hunger Games movie this weekend. We only go to the movies once or twice a year and the last couple years it's been to see either the Hunger Games or one of the Twilight movies (my poor, patient husband). I just hate spending the ridiculous amount of money they charge so even the few times we go it's usually to the early morning showing which is even cheaper than the afternoon matinee price.

5. I just got a FitBit through work (as part of our wellness program), it's supposed to track the number of steps you take and how you sleep at night. I've discovered that since I have the kind you wear on your wrist it doesn't just track your steps but really your arm movements (even when standing still) so it's really not super accurate in that respect, though I suppose any movement/activity is better than nothing. Maybe I should wear it around my ankle to get a true reflection of the number of steps I take a day. Spoiler alert- it's not many.

4 comments:

Kathy@MoreCoffeeLessTalky said...

online shopping is so awesome; who needs the crowds at the mall?!

-kathy
Vodka and Soda

Fiona said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Stephanie said...

I'm with you... if I can't buy in online, it's not getting bought. Make sure you go through Ebates! I plan making a little Mommy Money that way.

Have a good weekend!

princessapr said...

This is the first year in 10 years that I haven't been able to do my shopping at the mall during lunch so all of it will be online. I did some of it already.

I go to the movies often, but I never go with Rob so I feel like it's not bad. Rob and I go to one movie a year together if that. I try to see one a month, but I usually see more in the summer and winter and few in the spring and fall. I also get my tickets through Goldstar and Living Social so they're only like $8 a piece. I still have 2 free passes left due to a racist employee.

My friends walk miles a day and just cover their daily required steps. I walk to work so I probably do better than ever, but it's not that much overall (2 blocks to the Metro and then 4-5 blocks to work and then back at the end of the day).