Wednesday, January 30, 2013

SWW

Another week linking up with Shannon for So What Wednesday!
 
So what if:
 
-I couldn't believe it when I got my account statement yesterday from Hunters daycare noting how much money we spent in daycare costs last year (we need this for our taxes). Let's just say it was a 5-digit number and I could have bought a new (used) car for the same amount.
 
-I think the daycare costs are worth every penny (even though I hate spending the money). They take great care of him and now that he's on "people" food he gets breakfast, lunch and multiple snacks provided daily.
 
-There is a part of me that has enjoyed having a broken washing machine the past two weeks and therefore an excuse to not do laundry.
 
-My husband is going "commando" today because he ran out of clean underwear. (P.S. Don't tell him I put that info on the Internet for all the read)
 
-I'm really excited about the new season of Dallas but I always get a little sad now when I hear the theme song. It reminds me of my dad who passed away a year ago this February. I used to always watch the original one with him when I was growing up.
 
-I haven't read a book in months. It's hard enough for me to find time to read my US Weekly each week and usually takes me at least two days to finish.
 
 


10 comments:

Venassa said...

LoL! Your poor hubby. That's too funny.

KatiePerk said...

Daycare costs are nutso, but I agree with you about the value when you think about it.

Unknown said...

What the fuck is a book? I haven't read one in about twenty years.

Heather said...

Daycare costs are crazy, and I know so many people who feel exactly the same way about the sticker shock. But like you said, it's definitely worth it to know your child is well cared for.

Kristen said...

I agree that daycare is worth every penny, definetly something that I'd never skimp on, or choose which ever was cheaper at the expense of my boy!

I hear you on books. I'm lucky if I finish my Parent's magazine before the next one comes in a MONTH!

Stephanie said...

I have a stack of US Weeklys I need to read... by the time I get to them, the news is so old, it's almost pointless to read them.

Jamie said...

No laundry for 2 weeks? It must be piling up!

princessapr said...

I'd be in so much trouble without a washer. I suppose that's the benefit of renting. I get a new washer whenever ours breaks immediately.

If it makes you feel better, I didn't read anything last month and only 2 quick romances this month which is practically nothing for me (and both were read during the holiday break/flu). I'm also behind on my weekly magazine. That stresses me out.

Fiona said...

I haven't read a book in months either!! :( Where do moms find the time?? It's blog reading or nothing for me right now!

Hope your washer is fixed soon but hey, no laundry doesn't sound so bad either! ;)

Susannah said...

Haha. My husband would freak out if I wrote that about him! I think the best way to decide if daycare costs are worth it are based on how much the parents make. With my income, it'll be more cost effective for me to keep our kids home when we have them. Plus, that's what I want!