Quick update to my post from yesterday about our Photographer drama. Kristian talked to Annette (the owner of the company) today and she agreed to send back our $500 deposit! Whoo Hoo! We may have to wait up to 30 days to get it but better late than never. She will also be sending me a termination letter stating in writing that we are cancelling our contract, this way she can't come back to us in May and ask where her money is.
She did offer us the "Royal Package" for the same cost if we decided to stay with her, that package includes some albumns and other crap that we really don't need. Kristian turned her down. We don't want to do business with her and give her our money after the way she handled the situation. This way we can pay Amy and Bruce (our new photographers) the full fee rather than having them make only a fraction of the cost by going through Annette. We plan to meet with Amy and Bruce probably next week sometime to sign a new contract.
Looks like despite all the drama everything is going to work out which is a hugh relief!