Friday, May 22, 2009

One Year

Today, May 22, 2009, is the one year "pre-aversary" to our wedding. Okay I don't think "pre-aversary" is a real word but whatevs! In exactly 365 days and some odd hours I will become a wife! Maybe by then I'll have gotten use to being a fiancee because even after 3 months of being engaged I find it odd that is my relationship "title".

Tonight Kristian and I are going out to dinner to celebrate the one year countdown. We're planning to go out somewhere in Old Town which is close to where our wedding will take place. This will also give us a chance to walk around and check out some of the restaurants in the area for possible rehearsal dinner locations and hotels for our guests.

Ever since we booked our venue a month ago, after a stressful 2 month search, I've taken a break from wedding planning. Fortunately we had our trip to focus on so it wasn't that hard to turn my brain off from all things wedding (not that it ever completely got turned off!) but now that the trip is over and we are only one year out I know I need to get back on the wedding planning train. The next big things on the to do list are dress shopping (CAN'T WAIT), finding a photographer, having our engagement photos taken and start figuring out save the dates. Fortunately I still have a few months to get all this done but I don't want to put it off too much longer. Especially since I will be spending the next few weeks moving everything else out of my apartment and into Kristian's, hopefully having a yard sale of some sort to add to the wedding fund and of course the engagement party next weekend. It's going to be a busy summer and I'm hoping to get a lot of the bigger stuff squared away by September.

But for today I'm just going to sit here and daydream about where I'll be this time next year and how happy I am to be marrying the man I love!

No comments: