Friday, May 29, 2009

An Engaging Event

Tomorrow is our engagement party! My mother very generously offered to throw us a small party to celebrate our engagement. She did the same thing when my older brother got married so she wanted to host something for us as well. My mom sent out really cute invites that she printed herself.

Photobucket

After some discussion we decided to rent out a pavilion at one of the many parks in NoVA and have an outdoor picnic type of event. I wanted something very casual and laidback and that wouldn't cost a whole lot of money. We ended up renting one of the gazebos in Occoquan Regional Park which is a few miles from where we live. The gazebo overlooks the water and has a grille.

Photobucket

We decided to keep the guest list fairly small with only our immediate families and closest friends. We thought it would be a great way for everyone to meet and get to know each other prior to the wedding. I'm so excited to see my friends including my matron of honor and her husband who are driving up from Raleigh! I can't wait to see so many of the people we love all together in one place!

No comments: