Monday, April 6, 2009

Non Wedding Weekend Activities


This weekend the fiance and I decided to take a break from anything wedding related and just enjoy the great weather. On Saturday we attempted to go into DC to check out the Cherry Blossoms but after seeing the line at the Metro we nixed that idea. Instead we went and had a nice breakfast than drove over to Great Falls, VA and to check out the falls and go for a hike. The weather was gorgeous and there a lot of people out walking their dogs. Whenever we go hiking we always talk about much we wished we had a dog to take out there with us. For now though the cats are handful enough.


Despite trying to stay as wedding free as possible we ended up seeing a bride and groom out there with their families taking pictures. It was great weather for a wedding minus the wind out by the water. I couldn't help but check out the bride's dress and watch to see what they were all doing. I'm nosy I admit it! At one point we decided to climb a bunch of rocks to our own little private area to sit down and watch the water. It was so nice and relaxing. I love being outside when the weather is nice and I love having someone who is willing to go out do fun stuff with me as opposed to sitting at home all day watching sports (which we do also) or playing video games (neither of us are fans). Plus it's a great way to get exercise without having to step foot in the gym.


Of course the wedding did come up at various points but I tried to keep the talk to a minimum. I don't want either of us to get too overwhelmed during the planning process nor do I want our entire engagement to be focused solely on planning the wedding. So after spending the last few weekends checking out different venues or attending bridal shows it was nice to just spend the weekend as a couple.
*Photo taken by me

No comments: