Tuesday, April 21, 2009

It's a date!



The contract has been signed and the deposit has been paid and we now officially have a wedding location and date! Kristian and I will be getting married on May 22, 2010 at Hollin Hall in Alexandria VA. We went on Saturday to see the venue together since he couldn't go with me last week and he LOVED it! I was so relieved that we both found a place that we agree on and best yet the pricing isn't too bad either. We get quite a bit for our money. I've always wanted to get married in May, not only because it's my favorite month (due to my birthday) but it's a really beautiful time of year. All the flowers are blooming and it's not too hot or too cold.

When we first started discussing when to get married Kristian pushed for October (his birthday month). That was ruled out pretty quick though because we didn't want to wait until Oct. of 2010 and this Oct. was coming up very quick. Also, the fall is my busy time at work and my boss pleaded with me not to get married that time of year.

Since we both wanted to get married in our birthday months and I ended up winning out with May we decided to go with his birthday date of 22, that way the date has significance for us both. After we initially picked the date and I told my mom I discovered that May 22 is also the date that my grandmother and step-grandfather got married 10 years ago. This seems fitting since we also got engaged on my grandmother's birthday (Valentine's Day).

So I will be getting married 10 days after my birthday and I can't think of a better way to ring in my 30th than by having all our friends and family celebrate our marriage. The countdown is on, only 396 days to go!

No comments: