Thursday, February 19, 2009

A perfect fit

Once I got my beautiful engagement ring we realized that it was a tad on the big side. This was the case despite the fact that Kristian had looked at several of the rings I already had and used them on his pinkie as his measuring tool, apparently this is not the most affective way to gauge a person's ring size. Anyway, the fact that the ring was a bit looser then I was comfortable with didn't stop me from wearing it (carefully) for three days. I just couldn't bear to take it off.

Fortunately the jewelry store where the ring was purchased was very helpful and accommodating. They were able to re size the ring from 6 3/4 to 5 1/4 in a day and free of charge! When I went over to K's house last night he told me that the ring was unfortunately not ready yet and would be another day. I understood and only pouted for a brief second until he got down on his knee again and re-proposed (in almost the exact same spot) and held out my newly sized ring. He's so cute...and apparently a big liar! :-)

No comments: