Tuesday, February 17, 2009

And so it begins....

After waiting almost 29 years...going on countless dates...and watching almost all my friends get married (and being a bridesmaid a few times) I have finally found the man I am going to marry and he popped the big question to me this past weekend on Valentine's Day!

I met my future husband Kristian last summer. We had our first date at the end of August, the night before I left to go to the beach for a week with my family. For some reason that night I felt inspired to wear a dress which is something I NEVER did on a first date. I would usually try to keep it more casual with jeans and a cute top. I guess subconsciously I knew this guy would be special. We went to Bonefish Grille and had a fantastic meal and I immediately felt comfortable with him and knew I would see him again. We kept in touch throughout the week via text while I was on vacation. We went out on our second date the night after I got home and we've been together ever since.

Our relationship has moved pretty quickly and at times I know people wondered if we were moving too fast. But after spending the last decade dating around and meeting lots of people we both knew immediately that we had found a great thing. Kristian is everything I ever hoped for in a boyfriend/husband...not only is he stunningly handsome ;-) but he's hands down the sweetest man I've ever known. He's constantly going out of his way for me and always trying to make me happy. But I think the best part is that I can totally be myself around him and he loves me despite my weird little quirks. We always have fun together whether we are just laying on the couch watching LOST, hiking in the woods or going out for a fancy dinner. Over the past six months we've already been through so much together- the loss of jobs, a major surgery, the holidays and meeting extended family, a friend's wedding and so much more.

These have truly been the best six months of my life and I can't wait to spend my life with this amazing man!

No comments: