Wednesday, June 5, 2013

SWW

Happy Wednesday! Only 3 more days to go til the weekend!
 
Linking up with for Shannon for So What Wednesday!
 
Today I'm saying So What if:
 
-Sometimes I enjoy sick days home with Hunter...no I don't enjoy him being sick...but I enjoy the extra time I get with him during the week. Yesterday he was home from daycare for a sick day and we actually had a really nice day together despite everything.
 
-I like to pick scabs. Yes I'm a picker (horrible habit) but what's grosser is that I also enjoy picking my husband's scabs. He had one for me last night and I was so excited about it. Yes I'm weird and disgusting.
 
-I'm jealous that my son seems to tan easier than I do. Even though we put baby sunscreen on him, after only two days at the pools he has a nice little tan on his arms. Guess he takes after his father in that department since it takes me all summer to get any color.
 
-I'm 33 years old and scared of cicadas. Seriously I hate them, they are gross. Hunter however, loves to pick them up and hold them. Such a boy!
 
-I want to buy a whole new vacation wardrobe for our Cayman Islands trip, not that I actually need anything new to wear.
 
-I wish I could have summer's off (like teachers do), all I want to do is take Hunter to the park and the pool and play outside on these nice days rather than sit in a freezing cold office.
 
-I would rather go home after work to see my family than go to Happy Hour with my coworkers who I've already spent all day with. I only get a precious few hours in the evenings with my kid and it takes a lot for me to give that up. 

11 comments:

K said...

I'm the only one in my family that doesn't tan easily. It totally isn't fair. I told my husband that I hope our kids get my skin so I'm not the only pasty one anymore! Haha

princessapr said...

My sister gets drugs for the cicadas. Seriously. Ridiculous. That said, I live in the city and we don't get them. I didn't see one this year and, in the past, I only saw maybe 5.

I never turn down a chance to go out, but I limit going out to once during the week and once on the weekend. There may be exceptions, but that's my goal. Plus, I think it's important to keep my friends (most of whom don't have children) and we both enjoy the one-on-one time we have with Laura.

Shannon said...

I hear you about happy hours. I used to be a happy hour HERO and now I just want to get home. And even if she is in bed by 7:30, I don't care. I'll just crawl on the couch and watch tv and still be happier than if I had gone to a happy hour. CHEERS!

Nat said...

I always want to buy a new wardrobe when I got on vacation! My sister is a teacher and has summers off- it makes me so jealous every year!

Heather said...

I'm scared of cicadas, too. I was outside this weekend and looked down to see one crawling right up my leg. Major freak out!

Unknown said...

Just found your blog!!
Now following!
Looking forward to keeping up!

xo
Christina
pieceitalltogetherx3.blogspot.com

♥ Marcy ♥ said...

1. I hate cicadas more than anything in this world! PS depends on the jeans I am wearing ;)

Hilary @ Peanut Butter Spoonfuls said...

I'm a scab picker too!! I've even been known to peel other people's sunburns...

Nicole-Lynn said...

You're too funny! Scabs? Gross! haha You can totally take some time off this summer, maybe leave early on a Friday or something? That would give you some extra time with Hunter. Don't let work consume your life :)

Stephanie said...

I was totally like that about Happy Hours when I was working. About a year before I left we got a new boss who was older, kids in college. She wanted a monthly staff happy hour. Um, no thank you! Of course, being 1 of only 2 in the office with a baby, I looked like the rude one, but whatever. My family is more important than work. And I don't do scabs or anything, but Rick likes pimples. If he sees a zit or something on me, he instantly wants to mess with it. I think in a former life he must've been a dermatologist or something ;)

Fiona said...

I hate to admit it but I am the same with scabs!! Gross but true. Although I can't pick my husbands because he hates it and tells me off for picking my own all the time. And has warned me that I can never do it to Lids!! :P

So tempted to buy new wardrobes for fun vacations!!