Monday, September 10, 2012

Show & Tell- Baby Talk


Linking up with Becky today for Show and Tell Monday.



 
1. Tell us your favorite baby names? Aside from your own babies, if you have some :)
 
For Boys (other than Hunter of course)-
I actually have always really liked the name Christian but refused to use it (spelled with a K) because I didn't want to have two Kristian's in the house. Too confusing.
I also really liked- Weston, Carter, Brooks and Foster (we actually seriously considered Foster for a few days but decided Hunter was a better fit).
 
For Girls- We never really talked much about girl names since we knew we were having a boy. Though Kristian mentioned liking the name Harper. I like the names Hadley, Emilia and Everly (but Kristian doesn't like any of those).  I do know if we ever have a little girl I want her middle name to be Grey...and NO not after that stupid 50 Shades of Grey book...Grey was my grandmother's maiden name and I just love it as a middle name.
 
2. Show me your "dream" nursery {can be your baby's nursery or one that you love}
 
For a boy, I love the nursery that MODG did for her little boy.
 
For a girl I love this nursery I found on Pinterest.

 
Pictures of our actual nursery can be found Here and Here
 
3. How many children would you like to have? How far apart?
I always said I wanted at least two but no more than three. I think I'm leaning more towards just two. I really want Hunter to have a sibling and I would love to have a little girl if possible (though i would be thrilled with another little boy of course). I think three years is a good age difference. I really want to have a lot of time with just Hunter and I also want him to be a bit more independent (and hopefully potty trained) by the time I bring another baby into the house. A lot will depend on our financial situation and be able to afford two kids in daycare though. But then again who knows if I'll be able to get pregnant again so we'll see what happens.
 
4. Tell us what you think the importance of parenting is?
I think the importance of parenting is to try your best to raise happy, healthy, well adjusted members of society.
No one is a perfect parent and everyone will make mistakes but so long as you do everything you can to love your child and keep them healthy and happy that is the most important thing.
 
5. Show us your favorite newborn photo {can be your children or random}
Well obviously Hunters newborn photos are my favorites and there are 3 in particular that I absolutely LOVE.

 

Photos taken by my friend Laura
 
6.  Tell us some things you promise to never do as a parent {and if you are a parent, did you stick to it}
I've always tried to keep an open mind when it comes to parenting and not set any hard rules (i.e I will NOT give formula or I will NOT give puree baby food). I try to go with the flow and take Hunters lead on things. However one promise that I intend to always keep is to never, ever, ever abuse my child or make him feel like he is not loved.

 

5 comments:

Lexi M. said...

I don't normally comment, but When I saw what your potential middle name was going to be for a girl I just had to say something! My middle name is Grey, it is my grandfathers middle name as well, but that's what he has always gone by. So when I got pregnant I always knew that I wanted to either use Grey as a first name for a boy, or use it as a girls middle name. It really is the best, and I truly wish 50 Shades of Grey hadn't come out and sorta ruined it for me. I will still probably use it, cuz screw it, its a family name, but I know people will think it was cuz of that darn book! Anywho, love reading your blog! Keep it up! :)

princessapr said...

I love names as tributes. Laura's middle name is Karelyn (Karen and Lynn are her grandmothers).

We wanted kids 4 years apart so we wouldn't have more than one in preschool or college which meant no double tuitions. Um, and now we'll be closer to 6. I also refused to have more than one in diapers. I think 3-4 years is perfect. Plus, at 4, they're so independent and can dress themselves and do a lot of things to help. Laura is 4 and has been actively asking for a sibling so it's a great time. We're just procrastinators by nature. Definitely before we're 40 though. *g*

I won't share our names in case we use them the next time. I don't like to hear criticisms. We're in trouble if we have a girl, but we only have one boy name that we'll use. Laura will have very little input though. She's already said she wants a sister named Katy Perry.

Mrs EyeCanSee said...

Haha. I picked that same girl nursey as my dream nursery! It's so gorgeous!

Venassa said...

I also love MODG's boy nursery. It's probably the nicest one I've ever seen.
I am right there with you on #3. I want to wait a few years for baby #2, especially since boyfriend already has a daughter himself, so baby #2 would technically be #3. Three years does sound like a good amount of time to wait. It's kind of sad though that having babies has to depend on financial situations. Daycares are so crazy expensive, and if you have more than one, you're almost working JUST to have them in daycare.

Why Girls Are Weird said...

Is it weird... I LOVE the name Poesy for a girl... spelled just like that so we can call her Poe. And Henry for a boy. However, Izzy is latino so I'm not entirely sure how his family will feel about those names if/when we have kids.