Monday, March 26, 2012

My Hunger was Satisfied

Along with what seems like every other blogger, I went and saw The Hunger Games this weekend. I had bought tickets for the 11am show on Sunday but when my mom showed up a bit late to watch the Huntsman we had to switch our tickets to the 11:30 show. Good thing we did because even the early shows came close to selling out and we wouldn't have gotten great seats had we rushed to make the 11am show.

I have to say I really enjoyed the movie. Did I like it as much as the book? No. But I never do. With that said I thought it was a great adaptation and despite a few changes and needing to leave certain details out I thought it stayed very true to the book. I do wish they had gone ahead and made the movie rated R because even though I'm not a big fan of violence and death I thought the fight scenes were very watered down and the games itself were pretty rushed due to all the time it took to get to that point in the movie. But despite those few criticism I did really enjoy it.

Kristian also really liked the movie and said it was WAY better than any of the Twilight movies that I have dragged him too. He is actually looking forward to the next two movies. He hasn't read any of the books (though I keep telling him he needs to) so he was a little confused over the sponsors and how that all worked. His only critique of the movie was Katniss's form when shooting her bow and arrow (since he's a bow hunter he's particular about that kind of thing) and of course insists he could have shot that apple as well. Sure thing sweetie. HA!

In other weekend news, I finally got my haircut again (it hadn't been cut since June! I know!) and my mom, brother and his girlfriend came over yesterday to see the baby. Oh and Hunter slept through the night both Friday AND Saturday! Horrah! But then woke up SIX times last night. Sigh. Oh well. Still progress.

5 comments:

Heather said...

Sounds like you had a great weekend! I am definitely excited to read The Hunger Games soon and have decided not to see the movie until after I do.

princessapr said...

I saw it on IMAX on Saturday afternoon and we enjoyed it quite a bit. My friends have all seen it multiple times which I am not going to do at $15/ticket.

Our kid was a fantastic sleeper since birth, but once a year during her growth spur, she sleeps only an hour at a time. So, last night, she was up 4 times. Ugh. Normally, it's not my job to get up, but I can sense when Rob's had enough and will take over. Such a bad case of the Mondays.

Glad you had a good date!

Why Girls Are Weird said...

I really think they did a great job of bringing the book to life. Like you I liked the book better but that's almost always a given. But the movie was pretty darn awesome.

Kristen said...

I need to read the book... but I really want to see the movie too!!
And I LOVE that your hubs came to the Twilight movies with you. He's a keeper for sure :)

SOOOOO jealous your little man slept through the night!! Our little peanut has her days and nights mixed up. Ugh. So we're more than a little tired around here.

AmyJean {Relentless Bride®} said...

I finally got a hair cut two weekends ago too! But i hadn't cut it since October (not as long as you) - doesn't it feel refreshing? And YAY! That's awesome Hunter slept through the night. So far we have gone as far as 5 hours, but Annabelle likes to keep us guessing, so that only happened one night. At least we are back to sleep time before 11pm (the past two weekends, she's stayed up til 1am!!!)... grateful for the baby steps towards a full night! :)