Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Good friends make all the difference

This past weekend my good friend Kristen flew up from Florida to visit me and Hunter (and Kristian I suppose). I haven't seen Kristen since my baby shower in October and typically we are only able to get together once or twice a year so it was wonderful to be able to spend a relaxing weekend together full of baby snuggles, wine (her not me), gossip and chick flicks on t.v.

I'm convinced that Kristen is the baby whisperer and Hunter is madly in love with her. I think he slept for about 4 hours straight on her chest on Saturday which gave me a chance to take a nap, eat with two hands, take a shower etc. The weather was pretty crappy Saturday so it was the perfect day to just stay on the couch and play with my cute little 10 pounder.

If I had enough money I would hire her to be my live in nanny. 

Kristian also offered to watch the baby so that Kristen and I could go out for some Mexican on Saturday night and have a girly "date night". The best part was when Kristian called me 10 minutes after we left and said "He's been screaming since you left, can I feed him?" HAHA. Poor guy.

This weekend was exactly what this tired, overwhelmed mama needed. It's amazing what a little time with a good friend can do. Now we just have to plan our trip down to FL so that our little guys can meet.

9 comments:

AmyJean {Relentless Bride®} said...

That is so great your friend came to visit and was such a great help this weekend. Also girly mommy time is always needed after all that you put in at home, so well deserved!!! Love the photo of her holding Hunter! absolutely adorable!

beka said...

What a good friend! So glad that you guys got some good quality girl time together.

Annie said...

i'm so glad you two had such a great visit!!! you two are so lucky to have each other!! :) glad you and her got some alone time as well and it involved mexi food, yum!!!

Venassa said...

We all need friends like that. It was such a relief for me to have my best friend visit when my daughter was first born. I still remember that long, amazing shower I was able to have. I'm glad you guys are having such a great time together.

Heather said...

So glad you had a chance to spend some time with her and recharge your batteries a bit. It must be so exciting to think about your little guys meeting!

melifaif said...

Oh, I so understand! Glad you got a happy break. Good friends are hard to come by....and I know Ms. KLaw is a keeper.

Jillian said...

so happy you got time to yourself!!! It is so scarce but sooo important!

Mrs EyeCanSee said...

My best friend came for a visit a few weeks after Jamie was born. It was soooo nice to get in some girl time, but also a little me time!

Sounds like you ladies had a fabulous weekend!

Allie said...

Can I borrow her in March!? haha What an amazing friend! I am so glad you guys got a night out!! Hope all is well!!! xoxo