Wednesday, December 2, 2009

All I want for Christmas....


Now that we’re officially into December (where the hell has the year gone?) I think it’s time to buckle down and really get moving with this whole Christmas- presents -shopping situation. Not only do I have to figure out what to buy for my family but now I also have to figure out presents for Kristian’s family. We’re combining bank accounts forces on most gifts which makes it easier but we’re having a hard time coming up with nice and affordable present ideas.

Not only do I have to figure out what to buy other people but I have to figure out what I want. To be honest there’s not a whole lot I want, don’t get me wrong I would take a pair of Loubies or a fancy new purse anyday but realistically I would never ask for those things. I’m pretty particular and would rather buy my own clothes/handbags/accessories so I don’t typically ask for that stuff. There are really only two things that I want and more importantly actually need:

-A new digital camera (mine broke)
-A new phone (mine is way old)


I’m one Verizon and I don’t want to change carriers so switching to AT&T and getting an IPhone is out. Right now I’m leaning more towards a blackberry. I want something where I can access the web and easily send texts and email and of course read blogs. Oh and I should mention I really don’t like touch screens. They just don’t work for me. So if anyone has any suggestions let me know.

Other than the two items above I really just want cash. Cold, hard, American dollars that I can put towards the wedding. Kinda sad that’s all I really want but this shindig ain’t paying for itself! I did also request the Twilight book series (I’m finally giving in and going to actually read these things).

In other related news, we finally put our tree up and got most of the decorating done. Yes we went the way of the skinny, fake tree. My mom passed down most of our family ornaments to me so our tree is decked out in all of the ornaments that I've grown up with which is kinda cool. Wendal’s new favorite spot to lay is right under the tree.



9 comments:

Unknown said...

Jesus. I really, really, really, need to put up my fake ass tree. I am sooo slacking these days. Yours looks nice!

bananas. said...

Looks awesome! I love your skinny fake tree. less mess than a real one. As for your phone options, I say go for the droid but that's cause I have one and I want more droid buddies :) that or the blackberry. Either one will give you access to the web.

And lastly...YAYAYAYAYAY! So glad you caught the twilight bug. Watch out...its crazy addicting.

bananas. said...

Looks awesome! I love your skinny fake tree. less mess than a real one. As for your phone options, I say go for the droid but that's cause I have one and I want more droid buddies :) that or the blackberry. Either one will give you access to the web.

And lastly...YAYAYAYAYAY! So glad you caught the twilight bug. Watch out...its crazy addicting.

princessapr said...

Aw, Wendall is such a cutie. Our cat used to love under the tree. The one cat used to climb the tree and then my mom's current cat acts like he doesn't notice a huge 13-foot tree in the middle of the room. Dumb cat probably doesn't notice anything different.

I read the first 2 1/2 Twilight books. I'm unimpressed. I read the books before seeing the movies. I liked the first book more consistently but I LOVE the end of the second book. I've totally hit a brick wall with the third and I've had it marked and on my floor for almost 2 years. They're quick reads though seeing as the books are for young adults and are in paperback at least.

We got a new mattress for Christmas so no gifts in our house which is so sad. On the other hand, we did need a new mattress.

Meant to say the other day, love the Christmas card photo!

Anonymous said...

I love, loved, loved my Blackberry curve, but finally broke down and got a touch screen.

Annie said...

your tree and your decorations all look great hun!!
i love decorating for the holidays!

Marian said...

I'm so with you on the touch screen phones. Not a fan at all. Yeah, IPhones are cool and have millions of apps, but I like my trusty buttons. What happesn if I crack the screen or something. I've got a blackberry pearl and love it, but it took some time getting use to and acts up every now and then, but for the most part, its a love relationship.

I can't wait to get a Christmas tree this year (fingers crossed for this weekend)

xoxo

Elizabeth Marie said...

Get a blackberry immmmmediately! It will take our penpallyness to new levels. Seriously.

LOVE YOUR TREE!! SO CUTE!

Summer said...

Oh no!!! You're going to the dark Twilight Side!!!

I have been holding out....I've gone this long! =)