Wednesday, October 24, 2012

SWW


 
This week I'm saying So What if:
 
-I'm ready for this kitchen renovation to be DONE. It's already gone longer than planned and will be at least another week minimum. Our house looks like a hurricane went through it and I hate it.
 
-I was annoyed yesterday to find out that when Hunter transitioned into the next level classroom (which is the "older" infant room) at daycare his tuition didn't go down like I thought, apparently it won't drop until he's in the toddler room which won't be until he's 15 months old. So another 7 months and then it only drops $20 a month.
 
-I hate that if/when we have another child is dependent on being able to afford having two kids in daycare. I still don't know how other people do it.
 
-Holding my coworkers 5 week old baby last week surprisingly didn't make me want to have another baby right now. My hands are full with one.
 
-I was thrilled that Hunter slept for 12 straight hours two nights in a row over the weekend. First time ever! However, he was up bright and early at 5am today. Sigh.
 


9 comments:

KatiePerk said...

Daycare costs are a nightmare!! We are in the same boat down here.
Can't wait to see your new jazzy kitchen.

♥ Marcy ♥ said...

Good Lord daycare is RIDICULOUS! I definitely feel your pain on that one sistah!

K said...

Yeah, I HATE the fact that the only thing standing in our way of having kids is money. Drives me nuts!

princessapr said...

We got through not having to pay for daycare, but we put off a second child because of preschool costs. Luckily, we don't need afterschool care either, but we will next year. Still, afterschool care is a lot less when you're not paying it on top of tuition. Kids are just little money sucks.

Heather said...

Money considerations are definitely one of the things making us want to hold off on having kids right now (though that's definitely not the only reason). It's crazy how expensive having a kid is these days, and I also don't know how people with two or more young children can make it work without being Wall Street millionaires!

Venassa said...

Daycare prices are crazy, but when you think about it, by the time they pay employees and buy food and such, they're really not making that much money off each child. The Canadian government is great for helping with daycare costs for those who need it, otherwise I probaly couldn't work at all.

Chell said...

Stopping by and following from SWW. Daycare costs are crazy! When I had my daughter, I decided to stay at home.... ended up finding other ways to make a little on the side (scentsy and watching friend's children). Totally worked and I got to be with my kiddo all the time :)

Brandi Hudack said...

I totally feel that I am having to wait on having another child until we can afford two also. It's crazy!! Makes me so sad also that this is life for most of us.

Fiona said...

I am sure your beautiful kitchen will be well worth the wait when it is finally all finished! Can't wait to see photos.

Yay for sleeping 12 hours! :)

Ugg daycare costs suck. Luckily we don't have them here but don't know what we would do if we did have to send Alidia to daycare.