Wednesday, August 24, 2011

The Yucks

So I briefly mentioned yesterday that I was home sick, well I'm still home sick again today. Over the weekend Kristian came down with a really nasty head cold which he then lovingly passed on to me. Starting Monday night I felt like a truck had hit me. Massive nasal/head congestion, sneezing, coughing you name it. Of course I'm not allowed to take any of the medicine we had in the house so I spent the entire night on Monday on the couch watching HGTV because I couldn't breathe through my nose and therefore couldn't sleep. I think I got about an hour of sleep total that night.

I called the doctor yesterday and was told I'm allowed to take Tylenol Cold, Sudafed, Robitussin and nasal spray (but only for like two days). So I bought some Tylenol Cold and nasal spray, the nasal spray seemed to be the only thing that really gave me any relief and thanks to taking it before bed last night I actually slept until around 4am when I woke up again unable to breathe and couldn't go back to sleep. We also did a Neti Pot last night for the first time ever. That thing is weird and didn't seem to help me much.

My plan was to go into work for a couple hours today to get some stuff done and come home, well when I was in the shower I noticed I had a rash on my chest/stomach/back. It doesn't itch or hurt but it freaked me out, obviously I'm having a reaction to something. I called the doc again and was told to take some Benedryl, rest and if it doesn't get better by this afternoon they'll make an appointment for me to come in tomorrow. So now I'm at home, in bed, checking work emails and trying my best to breathe through my nose.

Being sick sucks. Being sick in the summer when it's actually beautiful outside really sucks and being sick when you're pregnant and can't really take much really REALLY sucks. Hopefully I get some relief soon and the little man is doing better in there than I am.


9 comments:

Heather said...

Ugh, I'm so sorry. Being sick is the absolute worst feeling, especially when you feel like there's not much you can do to get relief. I hope whatever's got hold of you passes ASAP!

Jillian said...

awww so sorry ... I hope yiu feel beeter soon xxoo

Mrs EyeCanSee said...

That stinks! I was sick one time during my pregnancy, and it was AWFUL! My OB wouldn't let me take anything but tylenol. Lame. And the neti pot is totally werid! My friend swears by it, but I can't do it, it freaks me out!

Nicole-Lynn said...

Yuck, sorry you're not feeling well! Hopefull you'll start feeling better soon!

♥ Marcy ♥ said...

Awwww sweetie I really hope you get to feeling better! I sooooooooo now how being sick whilst preggo feels and it does S.U.C.K. Prayers in hopes that you get better soon!!!

Unknown said...

I feel so bad for you. I'm so sorry. Feel better!!

AmyJean {Relentless Bride®} said...

Awww, i'm sorry you aren't feeling well. I hope you feel better! I've been cautioned about getting sick when pregnant and how much worse it is b/c of the limited meds we can take. I do hope everything clears up pronto and you can start to sleep and feel better!

Salt said...

Ugh that is just the worst. I had some weird sinusy things going on the other week and it sucks to not be able to take anything. I hope you are feeling better today! *hugs*

Laura Darling said...

Bummer :( Hope you feel better soon!