Monday, August 15, 2011

Odds and Ends

--We officially have a spot reserved for our little guy at a daycare by our house. I'm not in love with the place but I doubt I would be in love with any daycare. The price is decent (still expensive) and it seems like a good place overall. Hopefully it works out.

--I finally had two strangers acknowledge my baby bump to me this weekend. Guess I'm finally starting to look pregnant and not just bloated.

--I also bought what I believe is my first ever adult size large shirt. It's for this winter to accommodate the growing belly. What can I say, I've always been petite so having to buy a large was a bit hard for me.

--The crib and dresser/changing table are now both put together and in the nursery. We still have a ways to go on setting up the room but it's fun seeing those in there.

--We went to Target yesterday to buy four yes FOUR items and we left the store $150 later. Happens. Every. Freaking. Time.

--My husband must love me a lot because he used some of his own fun money to buy me new Coach sunglasses. Apparently he hated my other ones and felt I deserved some quality sunnies for a change.

--I think we are going to splurge for a cleaning person to come in once or twice a month (depending on cost) to do the deep cleaning stuff that is getting harder for me to do. Kristian could do it but believe me he does a lot of other shit around the house on the weekends I don't want to add this stuff to his honey do list.

--Our puppy Moxie has developed a love of sleeping on our dirty laundry in the closet and also grabbing a pair of my dirty undies to carry downstairs and drop at our and any potential guests feet. She also is now putting herself to bed around 8-9pm every night. Regardless of what we're doing she'll go up to our room on her own, lay down and go to sleep.

--We went to register yesterday at Babies R Us. Incredibly overwhelming. I then came home and had to change and edit a lot of it online thanks to my scan-happy husband who was just scanning everything in site in order to move the process along.

--Kristian felt the baby move for the first time last night. He was thrilled!!

15 comments:

Heather said...

Awesome updates! We have a cleaning company come to our place once a month, and it's saved us a lot of time. I wouldn't really recommend the company, Green Maid, though, unless you're home to supervise. We found them through a Living Social deal and got a cheap price, but I've heard shady things about them going through people's things. We'll probably switch companies when the deal runs out, so I'd love to hear who you decide to hire!

carrie1 said...

Where did you end up getting the babys nursery set from? My sister is giving me her white crib.. and I am having a hard time finding a white dresser.

Chris and I are going next week hopefully to register. Thank goodness my Mom and I went the other day just to look and I pretty much picked out all the big stuff.

asj said...

so exciting! my husband was "scan-happy" during our wedding registry shopping... he has shopping anxiety so I fed him tequila shots before we went. I came home and we had kitty litter and a barbie dream house on our registry... might not have been the brightest idea.

princessapr said...

How exciting! Rob did all my cleaning because he was so afraid of the chemicals in cleansers. I didn't argue. Then, towards the end, he got organic cleansers but by then, he was afraid I'd fall because I need stools and whatnot to clean the bathrooms so he continued to do it.

It always becomes a little more real the minute the crib is set up and there is a gender. We picked a name almost immediately so that helped identify the growing belly with a human. It's weird calling the baby "it".

Nicole-Lynn said...

You've been a busy girl! Great progress, and how fun you were able to register! :)

AmyJean {Relentless Bride®} said...

One of the first times I ever stayed at Husband's parents home (back when we were dating), my little Kota (Shiba) went into my duffel, grabbed a pair of dirty undies and I had to chase him around the house. Husband's mom got to Kota first and handed me my dirty undies. I just hung my head and said thanks and was embarrassed. Luckily she thought nothing of it :) But i totally know how you feel! LOL. Gotta love our fur-babies though! <3

BG said...

that is so funny about moxie! i recall lucy dragging my underwear around with her for a couple months when she was a puppy. and she STILL sleeps on my dirty laundry. :)

Meg said...

Cute post, I guess you really are starting to show!

I love that Moxie puts herself to bed at night, that is so freaking cute--way cuter then her running around the house with your dirty panties (Roman does that if he can get a pair).

Yay for new sunnies for you!

Kristen said...

yay for lots of baby updates!

I am with you on daycar e, I don't think, no matter how great our is I will love it 100%, becuase it isn't me taking care of baby!

I had a really hard time buying a large the first time too...it is hard when you are petite and you grow into it instantly. But it is for a good reason!


Yay for a pup that puts herself to bed. Let's hope your little man does that someday to, huh?!

Mrs EyeCanSee said...

I'd die for a cleaning lady. I say if you can make it work, DO IT!!!

Registering was horribly overwhelming! I had much more fun editing after the fact when I had time to actually research a little.

My dog is obsessed with undies. Nuff said! :)

Yay for the MR. feeling the baby! I still remember when Adam felt Jamie move for the first time, it was amazing!

Jen said...

My dog has been putting himself to bed around 9:00 p.m. the past few days too! So weird...

Anonymous said...

Having someone clean your house for you is seriously the best investment ever!! Some people will charge more if you don't book them on a regular basis but if you can find someone even monthly, it's SO worth it!! I hate cleaning so it's a god send for me, LOL.

Unknown said...

Ahh!! So cute! I need to chat with you about the shower because SOMEONE isn't giving me theme ideas. ha ha ha!

Kristen said...

The Target thing happens to me ALL the time. It's so dangerous to enter that place :)

Saying I do said...

awwww so exciting he felt the baby move!! This is so exciting, I love hearing your updates :)