Monday, August 29, 2011

Heart Matters

This morning I went for another ultrasound for our little man. This time it was a fetal echo cardiogram which we had done because Kristian was born with a heart issue and they wanted to look at the baby's heart a little more closely to make sure he wouldn't have the same/or different problem.

And I'm happy to say that baby boy's heart looked VERY healthy!! They didn't see any issues of concern and everything was measuring and looked normal. I really wasn't very worried since his heart looked great at the anatomy scan but the reassurance from the echo is still amazing to have.

My only disappointment was that I wasn't able to see the rest of him. They immediately zoomed in on the heart and spent the entire time just looking at that, which I figured, however I had hoped maybe they would zoom out at least once and let me have another look at the rest of him. Oh well. The most important thing is that his heart is healthy.

Assuming we don't run into any issues between now and delivery I'm not scheduled for anymore ultrasounds. This could obviously change depending on how he continues to grow (big or small) and if I start to run late. Because of this we have considered going to an elective ultrasound facility around the 30-32 week mark to do a 3D ultra sound just for fun but we'll have to see where our finances stand at that point. It's not something we need but I would love to get a little peek at his face before he gets here. I can't wait to see which features he gets from each of us.

10 comments:

carrie1 said...

Glad to hear baby boys heart is fine. =)

Jillian said...

so happy to hear all is well!!!! god bless.

Venassa said...

My 3D ultrasound was so cool, but my baby had her hands and feet in her face so most of the shots they got were either blurry, or had a hand or foot in the way. Awesome to get those little glimpses of her, but frustrating. Hopefully if you guys go for it your little guy will be more cooperative. Very glad to hear that his heart looks good and healthy.

princessapr said...

Aw. I'm glad everything looks great! Did you get your photos printed or digital? I know some get them on a CD. (I had the artroom scan mine for me.)

We got the 20 week ultrasound and then we had another at the 32 week period because it appeared I was growing a ginormous baby because of the diabetes (I wasn't). It's hard to do ultrasounds so late because the baby is so big, we only got a close up of the face and weird angles. Still, it was nice to have another peek.

Heather said...

Glad to hear he's healthy and has a strong heart! He will be here before you know it!

Melissa said...

Well since he's a boy, I sure hope he gets Kristian's height! LOL

Mrs EyeCanSee said...

Yay for healthy hearts!

beka said...

I am THRILLED to hear that your little baby's heart is healthy!

mrs.mfc said...

Yay!! That is great news!

AmyJean {Relentless Bride®} said...

YAY! Congrats for the healthy heart! And yes i also hate it when the docs get right to business. While its an every day thing for them to see ultrasounds, they should know us moms-to-be really want to see every part of our lovely child... i wish they'd give us a few more glimpses when the opportunity arises!!!