Sunday, April 18, 2010

Babies, Ninjas, Guacamole...ingredients for a great weekend

My weekend trip to Charlotte for K.Law's baby shower was a blast! My abs got an amazing workout from laughing all weekend. Who needs Jillian Michaels when you have friends like mine! I can honestly say that Kristen is even more beautiful in person than in her pregnancy pictures, she's truly glowing.

In addition to seeing some of my favorite AOII girls I got to meet Tiffany who has two of the cutest kids I've ever seen. Everyone was fighting over the chance to hold her little man who is 9 months old and never fussed once during lunch.

I also finally got to meet the fabulous Summer who is even more beautiful and sweet in person than on her blog. It was amazing how seamlessly she was able to fit in with a group of girls that have been friends for a decade. You would think she had known us all for years.

The shower itself was awesome, it was held at a beautiful country club, the food was amazing and Baby Lawlor got some great goodies. That night we went out to dinner to a kickass Mexican restaurant that has the best guacamole I've ever tasted. We finished the night with a Snuggie Danceoff and multiple viewings of this video:




And now onto some pictures of the Baby L celebration-

The diaper cake and picture frame "guest book"


Check out his hat, seriously can you get any cuter than that?!

The glowing mom-to-be

Me and Summer B.

You can't have a baby shower with mustaches

Isn't she a natural?

Pirate Booties

More Pirate Gear...Arrrrgh!

The weekend wouldn't be complete without a boob shot

We're a good looking group!

You can't keep a pregnant lady from guacamole

You can't keep Summer away from Margarita's

Krummer!

Posing with Spanky's husband....I decided to take the mustache craze up a notch

The Snuggie Dance-off...it was a tie.

It was a fantastic weekend and I can't wait to see my girls again!

10 comments:

PattyAnn said...

Glad to see you had a great time! It looks like it was a true girls weekend!

Jen said...

Yay for seamlessly meshing friends for a fun-filled weekend! I'm a tad confused about the Snuggie dance-off, but I totally agree that Kristen is radiant. I'm glad you were all able to get together and celebrate Baby L!

Mrs T said...

Snuggie dance off - too funny!

bananas. said...

Okay, tiffany's son...cutest kid everrr! Pretty sure i've already claimed my obsession for her child and at the same time scared her from ever being near me. Ha!

Looks like fun times and i agree, mrs. Law is a gorgeous preggo.

Heather said...

I’m glad you had a great time!

Ela said...

Oh what a fun time! I'm so jealous! One day I will have to get my grubby paws on you, Sum, Kristen and Tiffany!

I've missed you sweetie, I can't wait to read all the wedding updates I've missed out on :)

xoxo

Summer Athena said...

Dude. best time ever! love you so much more now!

xo

{andthisiswhatshesaid} said...

So cute! Wish I was there

Jenni said...

awwww how sweet!!! You girls look like you are having so much fun!!!!!!

Unknown said...

Such a great weekend! I wish we could do it all again today :)