1. I can't seem to stop buying Hunter Spring/Summer clothes. I justify it because I don't have much of a choice, he's outgrown all his clothes and shoes from last year so he actually does need a whole new summer wardrobe including shoes, swimsuits etc. The problem I'm having is sizing, right now he wears a 2T but I'm afraid if I buy everything in a 2T he will outgrow it before the end of the summer. But 3T is HUGE on him so I'm trying to buy a mix.
2. I hate medical bills. Really. We have a $5,000 deductible with our insurance policy because we're on the family plan and thanks to Kristian's surgery/MRI/Pain meds etc. we have definitely hit our deductible for the year but we're having to pay a lot of money out of pocket and the bills just keep coming. I'm really hoping for a good tax return to help offset some of these costs. On a good note, he had a follow up appointment with his doctor who assured him that the pain and knots he still has in his back are totally normal and will slowly go away over time it's just going to be a very slow healing process. At least now he's allowed to pick up Hunter again.
3. This past Monday, St. Patrick's Day, we got MORE snow, close to 10 inches. This wouldn't be a big deal if we lived in North Dakota but we live in Northern VA. It practically never snows in March let alone 10 inches. I have to admit I kind of love it. Yes I'm sick of the cold but I love staying home and playing in the snow with my little dude. He is OBSESSED with snow. We stayed out for an hour on Monday and he ran around and played while we shoveled and cleaned off cars. He even tried to help clean off our neighbors car. We are supposed to get even more snow next week! Nuts!
4. One thing Hunter is NOT obsessed with right now is bath time. He HATES it. It started a couple weeks ago when he accidentally peed in the bathtub. He got very upset and cried, even though we didn't scold him and told him it was okay, accidents happen. Since then every time we give him a bath he screams and cries and won't sit down and just tries to get out the whole time. I always make sure the water isn't too hot or too cold.The only thing I can think is that he's scared he's going to pee in the tub again. I always let him sit on his potty while the tub fills with water and have even told him if he pees in the tub it's okay. Last night I even gave him a bath in our tub thinking maybe he wouldn't be so scared and have the same association with it but no luck. Not sure what to do at this point.
5. I've been trying to work out more, nothing too crazy but I try to get in about 30 minutes of something 4 days a week, whether it's walking on the treadmill or just doing some squats and crunches. I'm really trying to tone up a bit before summer and I find that it seems to be helping me sleep better at night.