Thursday, May 19, 2011

Getting Away

This week has been one of those super slow, never-ending, ohmygodisitreallyonlyThursday, type of weeks. The days are dragging. This could be due in large part to the fact that I have a 3 day weekend staring me in the face. I haven't had a 3 day weekend since...ummm...New Years?!

Yep this weekend is our anniversary trip which I'm so so so excited about. I can't wait to spend a whole weekend ALONE with my husband, sleep in a comfy king size bed, do some shopping, visit some restaurants and just relax. The past few months have been so crazy with getting the house in order that it will be great to just get away from it all.

One of the great things about having this house is that there is more room for us to entertain guests but the downside is having guests over most weekends and not getting much alone time. Practically every Saturday night the past few months have included having at least one or more friends over to hang out and often includes them spending the night. Don't get me wrong I love our friends and it's always fun to have company but it's also nice to have a Saturday night alone with your spouse. So this weekend I plan to savor every minute we have alone together and recharge my batteries a bit. I can't wait.

7 comments:

Mrs EyeCanSee said...

Holy cow has it really been a year already!! Wow time sure flies! Hope you have a fabulous weekend getaway....even if you aren't getting away too far from home you'll be amazed how wonderful it is!

Kristen said...

I can't believe it has been a year, I remember reading all about your wedding and it doesn't seem that long ago.

Enjoy your long weekend and getaway!

Jillian said...

enjoy your weekend together!!!

Melissa said...

And Dustin & I thought we'd come to visit for the weekend. HA!! I hope you two lovies have a wonderful and relaxing weekend.

bananas. said...

i can't believe it's been a year already. i feel like it was just yesterday...

anyway enjoy your anniversary and make sure to get out of the room ok? i know how those lovers weekend go ;)

Nicole-Lynn said...

Aw yey happy anniversary! Enjoy your alone time!

Meg said...

Good for you girl. I hope you guys have such a wonderful trip. You deserve this time and I hope you savor every minute of it.