Monday, May 23, 2016

Weekly Update- 24 weeks

May 16, 2016 - May 22, 2016

Size of baby: Ear of Corn-  His brain is also growing quickly now, and his taste buds are continuing to develop. His lungs are developing "branches" of the respiratory "tree" as well as cells that produce surfactant, a substance that will help his air sacs inflate once he hits the outside world
Total Weight Gain/Loss: 14ish pounds

Maternity Clothes: a mix of maternity and non maternity, the weather has been cold for this time of year, hoping it warms up soon so I can wear more dresses and my summer maternity tops.

Sex: Boy #2

Movement: Still a lot of moving around, very strong kicks and full body waves. You can watch my belly and see movement which seems really early compared to last time. 

What I miss: nothing new

Sleep: I still wake up probably 2-3 times to pee and it takes a bit to get comfortable again. 

Symptoms: getting worn out quickly, getting more uncomfortable when sitting or laying in certain positions, peeing a LOT more.  Also, had my first and so far only braxton hick contraction while at work. Took me a bit by surprise but that's definitely what it was, I forgot how uncomfortable those are! 

Cravings: sweets and carbs. Good thing I've been working out fairly regularly or I would have gained a lot more by now. 

Best Moment this week:  Celebrating our 6 year wedding anniversary and spending the night away up in National Harbor at a nice hotel. It was very relaxing and much needed. We won't get many more dates night between now and Sept. 

What I am looking forward to: Memorial Day weekend and going down to my in-laws beach house. I bought a new tankini style bathing suit which fits great now but may end up being too small by August. 

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

You look amazing in this photo. Something about it. You just radiate joy and love!