Monday, September 29, 2014

Truckin Along

Like a lot of little boys Hunter is and has been pretty much obsessed with all things trucks, buses, cars for a while now. I honestly couldn't even tell you how many toys he has that are one of the above. He can spot a truck or bus from a mile away when driving down the road, so when I found out there was a Touch-A-Truck event at the local community college I knew we had to take him. Being able to get up close and personal with all of his favorite vehicles was pretty much his dream come true and we loved watching how excited he got over everything.

We got there as soon as it opened at 10am to avoid any lines and stayed about 2 hours. The weather was perfect and it never got overly crowded. Hunter insisted that his favorite was the excavator though I would argue his actual favorite was jumping in the bounce houses they also had setup. Kid loves a bounce house. He was also excited when his buddy/our neighbor Zachary showed up. It was like Wrestlemania with the two of them in the bounce house together.

It was such a fun day for all of us and we definitely plan to take him back again next year.











3 comments:

Shannon said...

That's awesome. I'm glad you found that event. I need to keep an eye out for cool things like this. I'm sure my kiddos would love them too!

Stephanie said...

Hunter looked they he was in Heaven. We have a similar event coming up and I can't wait to take Connor.

princessapr said...

Are you going to the one Shannon is organizing in Maryland? We do the one in Arlington in the Spring and may do Fall into Fairfax this weekend. Laura loves that stuff still, especially the bus and garbage truck. She's mostly tomboy except she likes dresses. So, I get all the boy hand-me-down toys from my nephew, but she likes to dress up. *g* Oh, and the trains. We did the Thomas train ride. She's doing the Polar Express ride this year. I'm not prepared to do all that again.